Talk

Advanced search

Skin care help

(6 Posts)
AngelicCurls Thu 03-Dec-15 19:53:24

So after reading a few old threads on this I've been inspired to revamp my skincare routine from just wash and moisturise (with simple face wash and light moisturiser) which I've done since I was a teenager.

So tonight I washed with my normal face wash, then used nip and fab dragons blood pads to tone, the super drug face serum.

My face feels sticky though, not lovely and clean like it usually does-is this right? The nip+fab stuff felt like it left a film on my face-should I have washed it off? Then the serum has left an almost greasy feel to my face confused

I used the Estée lauder night serum last year as was given it as a gift and don't remember it feeling sticky. I appreciate there is a mahoosive difference in cost between EL and super drug but I'd read goo things about it! Do I really need to splash out on a better quality serum? My skin is oilyish on the t zone and some largish pores

Nabootique Fri 04-Dec-15 11:50:44

I've used those pads and not had that problem, but I think they do contain glycerin which can leave you feeling a little sticky. Are you maybe overdoing it? I just do a quick wipe all over and there's a little residue which just sinks in. Could you be applying too much serum? I've not used that one personally, but some do feel stickier than others depending on ingredients.

katesmith25 Fri 04-Dec-15 11:56:40

Cleansing is the most effective way of removing dust, dirt and dead layer from your skin. It is also meant for cleaning the previously applied make up. Cleansing helps in removing residual elements on the skin to make its pore open and breathing.Follow some Best Beauty Tips and make sure to wash your face gently and regularly. Regular cleaning makes your face fresh and clean.

Wash your face twice daily. once in the morning and once at night before going to bed. After you cleanse your skin, follow with a toner and moisturizer. Toners help to remove fine traces of oil, dirt, and make-up that you may have missed when cleansing. Moisturizing is necessary even for people with oily skin. Buy a moisturizer that is best suited for your skin type (dry, normal, or oily)

Don’t scrub your face as this can stimulate oil production. Oily skin still needs to be moisturized, but be careful to choose the right moisturizer. Look for water based or oil-free moisturizers and stay away from creams and heavy moisturizers.

Wolpertinger Fri 04-Dec-15 11:59:19

Not personally used either - the Nip Fab are really popular on here and not heard that before, it is a quick swipe over not like applying a mosituriser. You definitely don't wash it off though - the point is it stays on to work.

Which Superdrug serum did you use - am trying to google it smile I haven't liked some hyaluronic ones, especially Hydraluron as they left a sort of tacky feel if you used more than the tiniest amount.

Which leaves the question - what did you want your serum to do? There are so many serums, all doing different things, so they really is no such thing as 'a good serum' if it isn't doing the thing you want for your skin.

AngelicCurls Fri 04-Dec-15 20:53:28

I think I might be overdoing the nip and fab then, will try just a quick swipe next time!

wol it's the super drug pure hydrating serum, I bought it after reading a couple of good reviews. I'm not really sure what I want from a serum blush, I'd really like my skin to feel as nice as it did after using the EL night repair stuff but without the price tag!

Wolpertinger Fri 04-Dec-15 21:15:16

Hydrating serum it probably is the same issue as I had with Hydraluron making it tacky. I also honestly couldn't see a difference with it either sad It's a very different product though to the EL night repair which has loads of anti-oxidants, peptides and some retinol in though - although it's the cheaper ingredients that make your skin feel smooth which is what you really liked.

Why not persevere with the Nip Fab and then decide whether or not you want a serum? The exfoliating may do the 'feeling nice' without needing anything else more pricey smile

If you do then want a serum then would it be hydrating, anti-pigmentation, anti-ageing etc etc which help you buy what you want without hopefully wasting your cash as serum is such a vague term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now