Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress going to make me look bulky?

(11 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 03-Dec-15 19:20:57

I've got this and wondering whether to keep it. I like the concept of it with the zig zag and a bit of glitter, but I have broad shoulders and am ample of bosom and think it may look too bulky. THe material is quite thick and the high neck doesn't help either, nor the looseness around the waist (really, I need definition to my waist). If you look at the pic of the model I think it looks a teensy bit bulky on her, so how must it look on me?!

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_58605+05661401_-1

BackInTheRealWorld Thu 03-Dec-15 19:23:19

I have big boobs and that would not work on me.

Iwanttokillthem Thu 03-Dec-15 19:25:32

A high round neck does nothing for a bigger bust.

Maybe if it had a V neck you might get away with it but if the material is bulky and the waist loose when you need definition then maybe you should return it and look for something else.

toffeeboffin Thu 03-Dec-15 19:25:59

Yes, I fear it might.

Zig zag, glittery, bosomy, I'd avoid.

DiorSausage Thu 03-Dec-15 19:27:45

The boobs will be more problematic than your waist imo.

I'm an apple and that kind of dress looks really good and flattering on me. But I have not mahoosive boobs. I think a bigger bust could look a bit matronly.

keeponkeepinon Thu 03-Dec-15 19:33:17

Yes, zig zaggy, shiny, glittery, bosomy...I feel like I'm all bosom in it! Think you're right, thanks. I'm better with dresses cut like this:
www.oasis-stores.com/bubble-textured-dress/workwear/oasis/fcp-product/5507201

I got this as well and its much better for me - I know it, the material is much thinner and there's structure to the shoulders and waist. Its just a bit, well, black.

keeponkeepinon Thu 03-Dec-15 19:47:22

Too boring for nights out?

keeponkeepinon Thu 03-Dec-15 19:52:02

I think matronly is what I am worried about Dior. And I do feel a bit matronly.

The second dress - its nice, but is it a bit boring?

Veterinari Thu 03-Dec-15 20:27:16

Both dresses have sleeves that end in line with the bust, and fairly high necklines (guaranteed to make you look top heavy and matronly. Avoid.

keeponkeepinon Thu 03-Dec-15 20:42:21

Interesting about the sleeves, I'd never thought of that. Perhaps it potentially makes you look wider as there is so much more fabric in the area?

Maybe I'll avoid dresses this year and stick with my little a line skirt and tops. I know I'll feel better in that.

geordiepidge Sat 05-Dec-15 15:10:24

I tried the zig zag dress on and found it very thick, hot and baggy. The sleeve length did me no favours either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now