Talk

Advanced search

Liquid gold has given me spot :-(

(4 Posts)
Juliecloud Thu 03-Dec-15 18:45:58

I bought this when it was the TSV on QVC in October. I have 3 bottles of the stuff now! I've been using it for about 6 weeks, twice a week in the evening. I cleanse then go over my face with the liquid gold then go to bed. I bought it to generally brighten up my skin, hopefully reduce acne scarring and some pigmentation.

I used to suffer from acne and did for many years (all through my teens and 20s). It settled down in my 30s. I get the odd spot but nothing major and never that bad.

Since using the liquid gold, I've have massive spots on my chin. They are very painful and deep. As soon as one goes, another one appears either in the same place or just beside it. I'm so fed up with them! I've stopped using the liquid gold so I'm hoping my skin will be back to normal by Christmas!!

Has it caused spots in anyone else? I had such high hopes for it after reading about it on Caroline hirons blog :-(

iwantgin Thu 03-Dec-15 19:49:43

Is it glycolic acid?

Could be purging your pores?

Juliecloud Thu 03-Dec-15 21:12:44

Yes it is glycolic acid. Would purging still happen if my skin wasn't that bad to start with?

PitPatKitKat Fri 04-Dec-15 13:08:49

Have you tried popping an ice cube on the spot as it appears? That used to really work for me when I got those on my jawline.

Funnily enough, Liquid Gold has the opposite effect for me, stops we getting spots like that and has really cleared up the scarrign from previous ones, but everyone's different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now