Talk

Advanced search

*psst* (looks round guiltily)

(14 Posts)
lorelei9 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:31:54

sorry to ask...
after 6 months here, I still haven't figured out what the "crepey" thread is for/about.....

<hangs head in shame>
<hopes kind MNer will explain>

Greengardenpixie Thu 03-Dec-15 16:42:31

I thought it was a bunch of similarly aged people who have a thread going?????? Crepey referring to skin? I'm kind of with you on the confusion though.

Whatsername24 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:44:01

I wondered too...confused

scandichick Thu 03-Dec-15 16:53:45

Crepey throat, more specifically - I think they came to the consensus that nothing could be done, but stayed on to chat instead. will be joining them in a few years

Didiusfalco Thu 03-Dec-15 17:03:56

Oh Im glad you asked. I wasnt totally sure either and Ive been hanging around for years!

lorelei9 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:06:29

oh right
I'm rapidly heading for crepey cleavage but didn't see any S&B chat on there so was confused!

thanks.

Clarabumps Thu 03-Dec-15 19:58:13

I wondered this too. Their thread titles are always very witty.

Greengardenpixie Thu 03-Dec-15 20:01:15

I think maybe i should join their thread blush

Tisgrand Sat 05-Dec-15 11:33:48

Well thanks OP for asking, I felt I was the only on who didn't get it! But the conversation never makes sense to me? What else am I missing?

ninared Sat 05-Dec-15 12:38:20

Never really understood it either other than just so unnecessarily cliquey and schoolgirl playground-y

and really really so try-hard to be oh so witty and we are so so funny aren't we

yawn

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 05-Dec-15 14:14:38

Me neither.

CointreauVersial Sat 05-Dec-15 15:18:47

Simple really, the Crepeys are just an ever-shifting group of MNers, of a certain age (mid-40s and up), who somehow came together on a thread.

In the original thread, a few years ago, the OP compained about feeling a little "crepey", as in slightly saggy and wrinkly, and asked for a few coping strategies. Now we just waffle on about our lives, our challenging teens, sickly parents, aches and pains, with the odd bit of S&B thrown in. We've met up several times, and become good friends.

Crepeys come and Crepeys go....and we're definitely NOT cliquey! I love it when new people join in.

Some of the Crepeys are funny, though - quite a few journos and clever people with good turns of phrase.

That's it, really.....smile

Stropperella Sat 05-Dec-15 15:42:26

It's been 4 and a half years since the original Crepey thread. And we were Hagsnet for a while at the beginning. smile

Floisme Sat 05-Dec-15 16:02:30

ninared I've never posted on the thread in question but I think that's uncalled for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now