Talk

Advanced search

Can anybody help with my eyebrows?!

(47 Posts)
Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 14:34:48

Hi all.I've been plucking my eyebrows for,around 12 years.Recently decided I'd like them a little thicker,so for the last month,I've only been plucking the real strays,and leaving any near the arch.

While several have grown back,there are lots of holes,they look very patchy,half of them are sticking up instead of flat,and I look a mess!
Are they never going to grow back properly? Should I give up and pluck them? Is there a miracle eyebrow grow cream I can try? (It would have to be V. cheap) Any ideas as I'm lost with this. (My idea of a 'beauty regime' is a shower & hair wash & brush) grin

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 03-Dec-15 15:20:04

I would go visit a Brow Bar and ask their opinion. And they might be able to help you salvage them.

squoosh Thu 03-Dec-15 15:22:31

Apparently castor oil is good for promoting eyebrow growth.

www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=100766/Castor-Oil/No-Brand-(DIY-or-homemade)/Brows

squoosh Thu 03-Dec-15 15:23:32

In the meantime buy an eyebrow pencil (use it very gently) and slick the unruly hairs down with some clear mascara.

kormachameleon Thu 03-Dec-15 15:26:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 15:33:18

Thanks! The Caster Oil sounds a good idea.
I did think of visiting an Eyebrow place but I wasn't sure where to go,as I've never been I didn't want to go to where I thought was a 'proper' one and then they didn't have a clue!
I do have a Brown eyeliner (from a rare night out) so I might give that a try.

I'm just very concious at the moment that I look awful.

Fannycraddock79 Thu 03-Dec-15 15:44:10

Google a product called rapid brow (they do rapid lash for eyelashes) which apparently is fantastic for bringing back eyebrows. I need it myself but it's £40 and really I don't have that to spend on my eyebrows at the moment!

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 15:44:18

So I've just read the Castor oil link,it sounds fab.
& there's an HD brows at the hairdressers Ten minutes away! Will be making an apointment (as long as it's not too expensive)

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 15:49:51

Fanny,they have it for £20 on ebay.It sounds great.
I expect the salon will be more pricey than that,but now I've seen all the pictures on the website,you know,dragged through a hedge before and Goddess after grin I'm really wanting them done properly now..

Fannycraddock79 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:04:34

I think it does work, my mum saw her friend recently and thought she looked different and she asked what it was. Friend replied she now has eyebrows (after 40+ years) as she plucked them out and used just pencil when that was the trend. I will try it if it's that cheap on eBay!! I have mega patches and that is 5 years after stopping overplucking and letting them grow!

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:11:54

My mum doesn't really have any,and she warned me about plucking,but you know how much you listen when your young..

I saw on This Morning something about a 'Two year regrowth' programme a while back,and I thought 'Surely it doesn't take that long' but looks like that's a best case scenario then.

Rhom810 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:16:23

Have you thought about Permanent Makeup to fill in the gaps?

iwantgin Thu 03-Dec-15 16:18:48

i use Benefit Gimme Brow.

Mine aren't very sparse - but are fair (in summer). This is a very natural look, but does make brows look more substantial.

I am not a make up lover- this plus eyeliner and mascara is generally my whole make up.

it comes in two shades -i use the lighter of the two.

FinallyHere Thu 03-Dec-15 16:22:43

I used to have my eyebrows dyed, but more recently they wren't enough hairs to actually take the dye.

Cue www.karenbetts.co.uk/index.php. They are brilliant. I liked the results but really knew they were perfect when my mother, as soon as she saw them, said 'i want to have mine like that'

They use a topical anaesthetic, so it honestly feels like having an electric toothbrush moved over your eyebrows. You can feel it buzzing but it does not hurt at all. Brilliant, just brilliant.

CrystalGlitz Thu 03-Dec-15 16:32:28

I have a gap in one of my brows and the other is sparse where I have a nervous habit of rubbing the hair with my finger when I'm stressed. Have used Rapidbrow (£20 - amazon), not bad results but as soon as I get regrowth I start the rubbing habit again! Am now seriously considering permanent makeup but it's so expensive. Anyone had it done successfully for patchy brows?

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 16:35:42

Finally,thats a bit to scary to me I am a wuss! Sounds like your happy with it though.Also the Permanent makeup,I think I would be scared it would go wrong.
Iwant.I will have a look.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I feel very vein even asking.

Wagglebees Thu 03-Dec-15 17:31:11

Rapidbrow. Definitely works. You need to be patient and leave the tweezers alone for a couple of weeks at least whilst it starts.

A firm angled brush and some Matt brown eyeshadow works much better than pencils or gel for filling gaps. Just make sure it's very matt and doesn't have any red tones in it. Unless your hair is naturally red toned of course.

Wagglebees Thu 03-Dec-15 17:35:45

Oh and an eyebrow brush to brush over the shadow after you've applied it, to make sure it blends in nicely. Top with clear brow gel if you need it.

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 17:57:22

Thanks waggle.I'm going to ask about the HD brows tomorrow and go from there.I'm barely looking in the mirror right now as I hate how they look grin

Kittymum03 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:04:33

Just looking back,it seems I've put a random eBay link on there earlier.Sorry,I don't even know how I did that grin

itsbetterthanabox Fri 04-Dec-15 00:25:45

Fill them in with a brow powder. Powder looks much more natural than pencil. Then brush the brows through.
Lots of Beauty therapists do great work they don't need to use HD branded products. A wax and tint would reshape them to suit your face and darken any faint and fine hairs. The therapist can tell you which areas to grow out. Don't pluck in between, keep going for shapes every 3-4 weeks. It will take a bit of time. Day to day use the powder to fill in patches and crisp the shape.

Kittymum03 Fri 04-Dec-15 04:38:57

Thanks.Does the powder stay in place all day? I do get a bit sweaty when I walk a lot blush

itsbetterthanabox Fri 04-Dec-15 08:49:49

Yes get a good quality brow powder and it will. Not just an eyeshadow. Brow powders are sweat proof and last all day. I have oily skin and my brows last morning to evening.

Kittymum03 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:29:59

Thanks.I will have a look for a powder when I finish work.I've made an apointment for a wax tomorrow I'm nervous! Does it hurt?

itsbetterthanabox Sat 05-Dec-15 21:32:18

It stings but it's not painful particularly. Everyone is different though. Have you had it now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now