Talk

Advanced search

Tights that don't cut you in half...

(14 Posts)
Chimichangaz Tue 01-Dec-15 23:07:00

I'm wearing a tightfitting black lacy dress for a party on Saturday and I need some black tights to wear that aren't so tight around the waist that they cut me in half (or leave a very unflattering bulging line around my middle).

However, they do obviously need to be tight enough that they don't fall down.

Does such a thing exist?

TIA

looki Wed 02-Dec-15 01:26:36

I think that you need high waist tights. I wear M&S Autograph tummy and thigh toning tights and swear by them.

I recently wore an old pair of tights from a different brand and sported a very unflattering bulge all day.

thewhitepowerranger Wed 02-Dec-15 10:08:51

I find Boots tights to be very comfortable and they don't hurt to wear or leave bulges. Any shapewear type tights are really uncomfortable for me to wear so I avoid them.

WilburIsSomePig Wed 02-Dec-15 10:22:54

I'm watching this with interest, I hate that look where you get a very definite 'line' round your middle.

HarlotOTara Wed 02-Dec-15 10:29:37

M&S magicware tights are great but mine fit better this year since losing weight

Twinklestein Wed 02-Dec-15 11:03:54

You can get Spanx high waisted tights at Figleaves.

But I'd just buy tights in a bigger size.

Twinklestein Wed 02-Dec-15 11:05:02

You can get high waisted tights at M&S too.

80sWaistcoat Wed 02-Dec-15 11:10:13

High waisted tights are the way to go. But try a size up too.

Naoko Wed 02-Dec-15 15:47:22

Can I hijack? If anyone is tall and not super skinny, where the hell do you buy tights?

I have more luck with decent quality high street (Debenhams/M&S etc rather than New Look/H&M ) tights but even then, I'm 6ft and a size 14-16. Those little size guide tables usually end at 5'11 and small/medium combinations. This was ok when I was a size 8 but really isn't now!

GingerLDN Thu 03-Dec-15 01:53:26

Asda do tights for women with tummies they're really stretchy at the waist and don't cut in at all. They're the only ones I wear.

LovelyFriend Thu 03-Dec-15 15:36:57

Surely you need to buy the next size up as it sounds like they don't fit you properly?

The Waist Bum Tum ones from M&S are a pretty good squeeze in.

TheColourMyrtle Thu 03-Dec-15 15:38:28

I've really struggled to find coloured ones this year. Any ideas?

Chimichangaz Sat 12-Dec-15 08:26:44

I ended up with no time to shop around so I bought some from Boots that were OK. Not brilliant but ok. They were a s/m rather than my usual s (5'3" and size 10/12) but they were very tight and not very long in the legs. I only just made them up without the crotch hanging below my actual lady bits.

Armi Sat 12-Dec-15 08:41:01

Psssst! Naoko! Over here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now