Talk

Advanced search

am I the only one who thinks this?

(14 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 01-Dec-15 22:47:26

I posted a couple of weeks ago about some tan chelsea boots I picked up. I'm still not sure whether to send them back. They are nice in themselves but I somehow don't think they are as versatile (for me) as others say. Apart from under jeans I don't see any other way. With a skirt would look ridiculous so its a no. I don't own skinnies that are skinny enough to tuck in. Rolled up looks sort of wrong too. With this in mind how wearable are they for the office too? Am I missing something or shall I just send them back?

WhataRacquet Tue 01-Dec-15 22:52:42

I wouldn't wear with a dress either. I think you should return them if you feel you won't get much use out of them.

superbfairywren Wed 02-Dec-15 13:41:46

I'm with you. Have tried some on a few times in shops and never bought a pair as not versatile enough for me.

Behooven Wed 02-Dec-15 13:43:17

Go with your gut feeling - send them back

keeponkeepinon Wed 02-Dec-15 14:49:14

Yeah, thing is they were only £25 and leather. I think they'd be ok for the office when its warmer but not warm enough for bare ankles. Could wear them under black skinnies for the office? See, I'm talking myself back into it!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 02-Dec-15 15:40:21

Not seeing why you can't wear them with skirts/dresses. I have a pair and I wear them with skirts and opaques a lot.

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 02-Dec-15 15:41:32

OOh where were they from for £25 and leather? <misses point>

Lulabellarama Wed 02-Dec-15 15:46:08

Someone posted a really useful link to how to wear different jeans/trousers with ankle boots. In most cases there is a way of rolling them that works.

Anyone know what link I'm thinking of?

keeponkeepinon Wed 02-Dec-15 15:55:37

But tan chelsea boots with opaques? I wear brown and black all the time but I dont know about how that would look It Goes.

Trevor - I got them from Sainsburys in the 25% off deal. They are pretty good quality for the price.

Lulabellarama Wed 02-Dec-15 16:01:05

I would wear tan boots with navy tights, say with a denim or cordrouy skirt?

Donge13 Wed 02-Dec-15 16:32:04

Tan and navy perhaps?!

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 02-Dec-15 16:42:48

Thankyou OP!

boodles Wed 02-Dec-15 17:00:02

I have these boots and they are lovely. I do wear them with skinnies though.

mewkins Wed 02-Dec-15 19:54:28

I say send them black. If they were black they would work but tan doesn't work with opaques for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now