Talk

Advanced search

I have lost the ability to accessorise... Help!

(9 Posts)
AppleSnapple Tue 01-Dec-15 21:12:55

Just thinking about Christmas party etc. I have a nice black dress, short, cotton, fitted- very nice but very plain. Anyway I usually wear it with black tights and black ankle boots (lovely Sam Edelman ones) but I've just realised how boring that sounds... I wore a pink scarf with it recently but scarfs aren't stylish, are they?

I was thinking some red would be nice, as its Christmas and all... And I have my eye on a nice red necklace.,, but what else do I do to spruce it up and look less boring? I had a google for a silky red scarf or a little red cardi and couldn't see any/many of that sort of thing which makes me think I'm obviously completely out of style and I need to look for something else. But what??!

I suppose red shoes, but I do like black opaque tights and boots- is that really frumpy too?

I'm size 12, minimal norkage, bit of a tummy but spanx fixes a good bit of that!

AppleSnapple Tue 01-Dec-15 23:00:51

Or perhaps... Is it the LBD itself that isn't stylish?!

amarmai Wed 02-Dec-15 01:22:58

scarfs are in - google pinterest re diff ways to tie. Black tights and shooties can tart it up + sequins/beads. Not liking red -altho it is xmas.

LondonHuffyPuffy Wed 02-Dec-15 12:31:23

Black opaques and bright red shoes would look fab, IMO

carrie74 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:10:37

I'd go for bling - silver and diamonds. Big bracelet/necklace, earrings and a fabulous clutch.

AppleSnapple Wed 02-Dec-15 20:52:10

Thank you. Have spent a pleasant afternoon browsing accessories but still no purchases!

KateSpadeAddict Wed 02-Dec-15 21:05:57

What about something like this?

www.asos.com/Paper-Dolls/Paperdolls-Mix-Stone-Necklace/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5694524&cid=4175&Rf989=4909&Rf-200=1&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Red&totalstyles=6&gridsize=3

What kind of neckline does your dress have?

AppleSnapple Thu 03-Dec-15 13:31:03

It has a low v neckline. Thanks for all suggestions!

SayAGreatBigThankyou Thu 03-Dec-15 13:41:57

leopard shoes or boots instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now