Talk

Advanced search

Jeans advice please

(6 Posts)
shrunkenhead Tue 01-Dec-15 19:34:10

Hi, I am desperate for some nicely fitting dark blue jeans. Since I had my dd I have gained weight and am now a short, dumpy 5'4 size 16/18 and I live in frumpy tunics and leggings and am desperate to break the cycle!

I realise I'm too fat for skinny jeans etc and would obviously still wear long tops to hide my tum/bum/thighs but have seen women bigger than me looking nice in jeans so know it can be done.

Please can anyone recommend some shops that sell nice jeans that would make me look ok? TIA

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 01-Dec-15 19:41:19

As you say, skinny jeans are out - IMO what you need is something that skims, rather than clings.

I'm a different shape than you, but I'm still looking for the perfect pair of those, to be honest!

Something like a girlfriend jean (a slimmer cut than boyfriend), but without the inevitable bloody rips...

Greengagesandham Wed 02-Dec-15 06:39:54

Post baby I wore Fat face slim jeans, not so tight as skinny jeans and they seem to be cut to fit an apple shape. You also then don't need to cover your bum.

The jeans on this thread sound like the could be quite flattering too.

I also used to avoid tunic tops and wore normal tops that were just cut a bit looser on the tummy (fat face were also pretty good for those too).

shrunkenhead Wed 02-Dec-15 10:55:08

Gap slim straight jeans I shall keep an eye out for those as others "chunky of leg" seem to recommend these. Will also look into Fat Face (I love their stuff anyway) jeans, do they have a short range fo you know?
I used to wear Jasper Conran size 12.....*sighs wistfully* I'll get back into them one day....

bakewelltarte Wed 02-Dec-15 11:20:04

I really recommend these:https://www.marksandspencer.com/dual-fx-x-fit-jeggings/p/p22409708

They are called jeggings but the texture is like demin. I'm also a size 16, 5ft4 and these are supremely flattering as they are dark, high waisted and slim leg and come in different leg lengths - I have several pairs and get compliments about them from my size 10 sister !

shrunkenhead Wed 02-Dec-15 18:49:54

Ooh will have a look! Thanks bakewell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now