Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with sleeveless party dress?

(14 Posts)
Euphemia Tue 01-Dec-15 17:33:18

I have an emerald green skater dress with a jewelled neckline for the work's Christmas night out (dinner in a restaurant) and I need something to wear with it so I don't freeze.

I have lovely warm coats, but I need something for sitting in the restaurant. Any ideas?

Knackeredknitter67 Tue 01-Dec-15 18:34:26

Do you have a biker jacket?

Knackeredknitter67 Tue 01-Dec-15 18:34:45

Thats what I would wear, but I know nothing...

Knackeredknitter67 Tue 01-Dec-15 18:36:09

Mainly because I have a new one from Whistles that I got over the weekend and am itching to wear it....
Realise I could have put all this in one post, but kids are bugging me

Euphemia Tue 01-Dec-15 18:41:36

No I don't have a biker jacket. fgrin

strawberryandaflake Tue 01-Dec-15 18:50:37

You won't freeze in a restaurant. Sounds like what you have will be fine on it's own. grin

HappyGirlNow Tue 01-Dec-15 19:22:22

Is the restaurant unheated? grin

Euphemia Tue 01-Dec-15 19:35:22

The restaurant is in NE Scotland, so it could well be freezing! There'll be a draught every time the door opens at least!

I'm not going out in just a dress and coat, in Scotland, in December!

hugoagogo Tue 01-Dec-15 21:28:27

I suppose your'e looking for a specific recommendation? rather than

'a cardigan' grin

Euphemia Tue 01-Dec-15 21:44:15

Yes smile

I've seen frumptastic "cover ups", and similar with no warmth in them. I feel sure there's the ideal thing out there somewhere!

MrsBertMacklin Tue 01-Dec-15 21:48:30

What's the shape of the neckline? I'd say scarf/wrap for a low neckline, actual clothing, shrug or bomber cardigan, for a high/boatneck.

hugoagogo Tue 01-Dec-15 22:07:41

it's difficult to find something that doesn't swamp your dress, would it look daft if you wore a thin long sleeved thermal top underneath? (heatgen/uniqlo)

this is one of the many reasons I don't do sleeveless.

MelanieCheeks Tue 01-Dec-15 23:31:43

I am wearing right now, over a sleeveless black dress, a gold cardigan/ shrug. It doesn't fasten like a cardi, but has full length sleeves and a shawl collar.

Not much help that I got it years ago in a teddington boutique....

HappyGirlNow Wed 02-Dec-15 00:00:50

I'm Scottish and I do it all the time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now