Talk

Advanced search

NYE dinner and dance dress needed - I like NOTHING!

(9 Posts)
Madblondedog Tue 01-Dec-15 11:34:28

We're going out for the first time in years on NYE to a dinner and dance, only Hotel Du Vin so not uber smart but I'd like to look nice.

I can find NOTHING I like so wise mumsnetters, please help me

I'm 29, a size 10-12, all weight is carried on my waist so would like something thats tight on the top then floats from just below boob height would be ideal. Happy with knee length or floor length. Colours I don't like are green and pink. Budget of £150 although could stretch if need be.

Any suggestions much appreciated

BlackAzalea Tue 01-Dec-15 19:10:18

Where have you looked Madblondedog ?
Phase Eight, Monsoon, Coast, Ghost, Warehouse, French Connection, the Pretty Dress company, Asos ?

These are some I've been looking at, but they don't fit the style you're after, but might give you an idea though...

Black:
www.warehouse.co.uk/grid-lace-pencil-dress/party-dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/02499477

sequinned:
www.warehouse.co.uk/tinselsequin-dress/party-dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/02482736

long, 1930s style
www.thehouseoffoxy.com/en/vintage-style-dresses/30s-siren-evening-gown-rouge-velvet

classic:
www.thehouseoffoxy.com/en/vintage-style-dresses/1960s-bardot-dress
there's a very similar and cheaper one on House of Fraser site

long, blue :
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/adrianna+papell+cap+sleeve+gown+with+beaded+V+neck/219515789.default.pd.html

KateSpadeAddict Tue 01-Dec-15 19:37:25

Love BlackAzalea’s first link!

red

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71ECD/Arrow+Lace+Pleated+Dress.htm

Black with lace

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71EHF/Animal+Lace+Jersey+Dress.htm

Love this with a big necklace

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71FHN/Beau+Lace+Detail+Dress.htm

overbudget blush

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/CAPRINE-Twilight-Floral-pleated-skirt-dress-Black/p/120490-00-BLACK

Madblondedog Tue 01-Dec-15 21:52:13

I've been through Debenhams, ASOS, John Lewis and Monsoon

This is the sort of style I like but none quite do it for me

www.johnlewis.com/warehouse-strap-back-maxi-dress-dark-red/p2329458

www.johnlewis.com/reiss-lark-high-neck-maxi-dress-crimson-red/p2241139

BlackAzalea Wed 02-Dec-15 05:56:46

What about these :

black
www.phase-eight.com/eu/fcp/product/phase-eight/lisanna-sparkle-dress/203266050

another black
www.phase-eight.com/eu/fcp/product/phase-eight/dresses/donna-maxi-dress/203169050

Wtfmummy Wed 02-Dec-15 06:28:39

Oooh that last Phase Eight dress was amazing!!!

Wtfmummy Wed 02-Dec-15 06:31:15

If you like halter neck style dresses there are some on Next:

www.next.co.uk/search?w=Halter%20neck%20dress&isort=score&af=#1_368

Madblondedog Wed 02-Dec-15 09:10:17

Thank you for directing me to the Phase 8 site, I LOVE this, do you think its too bridesmaid-y?

www.phase-eight.com/eu/fcp/product/phase-eight/dresses/saffron-full-length-dress/203311351

BlackAzalea Wed 02-Dec-15 11:31:50

Love it, very classy, not bridesmaidy, would look great with gold or bronze or sparkly statement jewellery. If you love it, buy it ! I'd try to buy it in store though if you can...I saw a dress on the coast website recently and loved it, only waited to order it as my credit card had taken a bashing. Which was lucky as I saw it in the shop and it was horrible ! Material was really cheap and style not as nice as the photos made it look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now