Talk

Advanced search

'O Come All Ye Crepeys'

(1000 Posts)
RudyMentary Tue 01-Dec-15 09:02:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rosebag Tue 01-Dec-15 09:11:22

Thank you rudy. I am seriously worried about myself. Just had a virtual panic attack because there was no crepey thread....

Cremo Tue 01-Dec-15 09:26:23

Good morning all ye Crepeys. I do love a musical title as I tend to sing it in my head every time I click on it.
Rose, your haul of clothes all looks marvellous. I love the evening coat especially. It's good to hear that you are treating yourself a little too.

MI I second all the very wise words of the others. Give yourself the gift of space. You may need it, you may not. But it will be all yours and ultimately of more value at this time. Work can wait, and believe me I wish I'd had made more space for myself at certain stress filled times in my life.thanks

Here the deck builders are reimagining our back garden in a massive deluge and below dressing temps.
Quite mad to have a deck just in time for Xmas. grin Dh helpfully said we can 'put a Christmas tree on it"

Magi-I don't think of you as new at all. Just another lovely Crepey with wise words.smile

bigTillyMint Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:32

It's Decemmmmmberrrrrrrfsmile

Cremo, we had our garden re-landscaped in Jan a couple of years ago - it was great because despite the fact it was a mud bath till March, we had a lovely garden for the start of spring.

Cremo Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:40

Dressing = freezinghmm

Blackduck Tue 01-Dec-15 09:33:47

Cremo - any news on job interview.

Cremo Tue 01-Dec-15 09:42:05

Not a peep. None of us have heard. They are really pushing my patience BD .
I mean it's just rude frankly.

Blackduck Tue 01-Dec-15 10:05:36

Last one I went for I never heard either way..... (I took that as a 'no')

Was it a redeployment or something completely different?

motherinferior Tue 01-Dec-15 10:11:23

Cremo angry

I cannot say how much I appreciate you all on this. I think you are right - and magi, you are not new! - and I'm also asking a few friends in the business, who in the main agree.

I think DP thinks I'm a slacker and that DSis thinks I'm being unnecessarily hysterical/self-aggrandising, but they are sometimes Wrong, dammit.

DD1 may in any case drive me to the brink with her ENDLESS renditions of Rudolph the Red Nosed bloody Reindeer in any case [grin.

RudyMentary Tue 01-Dec-15 10:19:55

RudyMentary Tue 01-Dec-15 10:21:50

Auriga Tue 01-Dec-15 10:29:31

MI Rudy (and the others) are right, as you realise. No up-beating of self. Especially not on behalf of others, such as DP and DSis. If they really do want to criticise and find fault (do they?) at least make them go to the bloody effort of doing it, instead of taking that on your shoulders as well.

Everybody's shoulders seem a bit overcrowded atm.

Rabbits (should've said that first, shouldn't I?)

gonegrey56 Tue 01-Dec-15 10:32:08

MI
I can only speak from my own experience, but I did not take enough time off work when my df was dying - of course, no one realised at the time how grave his situation was - but I do so regret it. And it sounds to me, as others have said, that your portfolio career/work commitments are demanding and difficult to delegate. Just take a deep breathe, these opportunities will be there again. To be able to offer tender and devoted care when needed is the priority, and equally important is your own well being, to enable you to function as well as the circumstances demand. Stuff the views of your dp and dsis - it is your life, your parent, and your decision.
And note the unanimity of views amongst the crepeys....

hattymattie Tue 01-Dec-15 11:07:08

I'm just checking in and love the thread title rudysmile

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 01-Dec-15 11:25:45

Checking in from the world's dullest meeting.

magimedi Tue 01-Dec-15 11:30:59

Also love the thread title.

November is over - HOORAY! I hate November with a passion - worst month of the year as far as I am concerned.

Also agree with Rudy about spending time with your DM now helping you later.

MontserratCaballe Tue 01-Dec-15 11:37:00

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month!

Thanks fir the lovely thread title. I did love herbs' suggestions though. All I want for Christmas is youth! Brilliant! If only....

At work and gave just cracked into my advent calendar from m snd s. A Phillip Kingsley elasticizer. Worth nearly 25 quid just for that.

DS is seven today. I feel old. How can my baby be so big?

Blackduck Tue 01-Dec-15 12:04:02

I said I’d update so here’s the mega long post (please skip if necessary) - sums up why I skipped Herbs' bash (GGG - cheque's in the post...)

Dmum is in hospital – she fell over four times in one day – the last time cracking her head on the bed. Blood everywhere etc (my parent’s house looks like a CSI crime scene…. Blood splatter anyone?). So they took her in, lots of tests etc. She is not drinking enough which worries ear, nose and throat man, and was confined to bed as mobility had gone. This also meant that as there were no curtains in the ward she had to use pads and wet herself. This is grim on any level. Also in and out in terms of the dementia and when she goes my ddad takes the brunt of her anger/frustration. They now want to move her to a rehabilitation unit to get her moving again, but the postcode lottery means not the nearest/easiest to get to, but one that is miles away and a pita for everyone….. ho hum.

So I am home for Christmas as it seems like the right thing.

Work – I am trying to re-write job descriptions and re-organise workloads with one team member being so vile because she is trying (and failing) to do two jobs and is feeling that she is incompetent (not true) and the other has never been a team player but is going to have to get used to it. This is combined with doing performance reviews where said ‘non-team player’ wants PRP (ha!).

Meanwhile ds is showing all the signs of imminent teenage stroppiness and has been quite cutting recently ‘well you are a rubbish mother’ being a choice comment (I am not sure losing your bus pass is my fault).
And now I have dp’s cold…..

Whinge over……. As you were.

motherinferior Tue 01-Dec-15 12:18:41

Oh BDsadangrysadangry

hattymattie Tue 01-Dec-15 13:01:55

BD - ditto MI. Sounds like a nightmare. All I can say is dont take pesky little 13 year old to heart. Mine is doing the same and had no excuse wharsoever. I think it's programmed into them.

Much strength flowers

CointreauVersial Tue 01-Dec-15 13:03:38

Oh BD, sorry to hear it is coming at you from both sides. sad

Hope DM is soon up and about, and your DDad gets a bit of support. And don't rise to DS's remarks; it's a self-absorbed phase that will soon pass.

Monty - what's the Elasticiser like? Not encountered it before. It will have to wait until the weekend - I don't have time to tit about with a shower cap on for 20 minutes on a weekday.

bigTillyMint Tue 01-Dec-15 13:22:50

Oh BD, so sorry to hear that. Sounds grim for all concerned re your DM. And I third the horrible teen comments being a result of self-absorbedness and nothing to do with anything you have doneflowers

I am very envy of the M&S calendar and will definitely try to get one next year. WTF is elasticizer?

CointreauVersial Tue 01-Dec-15 13:36:55

No idea, BTM, but it's Philip Kingsley, and he is Very Good With Hair. I will report back when I get time to try it.

NUFC69 Tue 01-Dec-15 14:01:03

I can only agree with other Crepeys, MI, don't take on too much (or drop what you can). Thinking about you.

BD, that sounds awful re DM, rubbish for everyone.

Been to Costco and discovered the delights of mince pies with clotted cream. Also bought 60 second class stamps and seem to have lost them, I don't think the cashier actually gave them to me, tbh. Costco are sorting it out for me, hopefully.

Crem, we are forecast snow, too. It's just above freezing atm.

MontserratCaballe Tue 01-Dec-15 14:12:25

Oh BD, my love, what a lot to deal with! I am so sorry things are tough. Thinking of you flowers

BTM, elasticizer is very wonderful for those of us with fine, brittle, rubbish hair. Makes you look shiny and bouncy, as if you have just stepped out of the salon. Very luxurious and recommended to the thin / losing of hair. It might work for thick hair too but I wouldn't know about that ....

This thread is not accepting new messages.