Talk

Advanced search

Best night cream....

(20 Posts)
Milkwagon Tue 01-Dec-15 00:20:22

High street and top whack suggestions welcomed. I'm late thirties.

I'm just about to finish L'Oreal Revitalift and it's been ok but a bit thick and gloopy on my shiny skin.

Flowerpower41 Tue 01-Dec-15 04:54:28

Personally I don't find the L'Oreal range much cop but everybody's skin is unique I woudl say.

I recommend Liz Earle Superskin you only need a little amount morning and evening and in the evenings I use the Liz Earle Superskin serum first before the cream.

Her Superskin range is a little pricey (just over £40 I think) but lasts ages and is excellent. I am a bit older than you i.e. 52 so you might only need her everyday moisturisers do take a look at her site. Sometimes you may find them cheaper on ebay.

Donge13 Tue 01-Dec-15 22:39:13

I use Lancôme Genifique serum and follow that with just a bit of Nivea

LexLoofah Wed 02-Dec-15 09:34:39

try the Caroline Hirons blog and her cheat sheets - if you are feeling flush her next Cult Beauty box is out this week and has an oil and a balm you could use at night.

I am currently using Bravura London with glycolic, think it is 15%. When that is done I might try Emma Hardie as I love her cleansing balm and eye cream.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Wed 02-Dec-15 09:41:59

Any really, because it's the cleansing and acid toning that makes the difference.

That said, NY Frankincense Nourishing is my Holy Grail.

Artandco Wed 02-Dec-15 09:51:36

I like the trilogy one

Yellowgold Wed 02-Dec-15 14:52:11

NY wild rose balm has been working great. I use it to cleanse with the cloth and also to moisturize. Lasts a really long time and I can see a big difference in my skin tone

Tate15 Wed 02-Dec-15 15:16:01

I take my dogs out in all weathers for a long walk every day and this year I have noticed my skin suffering and being dry because of being out in the elements.

I've ditched expensive moisturisers and I am using Lush ultra balm, especially around my eyes and my skin is looking and feeling far more moisturised.

The balm isn't for anti aging or any good as any other skin treatment but is an effective moisturiser for me and doesn't clog pores.

Nettletheelf Wed 02-Dec-15 20:35:49

Avene Ystheal has been a very pleasant surprise.

Bunbaker Wed 02-Dec-15 20:43:01

Bodyshop vit E

Wolpertinger Wed 02-Dec-15 22:48:28

What do you want from a night cream? It's the cleansing/ acid toning/ retinol at night that make the difference not the moisturiser - Avene Ystheal is a retinol.

Doesn't matter how rich and lovely it is, won't do the same as a retinol product. My skin looked the best ever when I was using Retin A followed by Nivea blue pot.

WizzardHat Thu 03-Dec-15 06:47:01

the blue pot from Aldi is actually quite nice - rich and contains enough retinol to have made my skin feel it.

firesidechat Thu 03-Dec-15 06:53:18

I second the Body Shop vitamin e night cream. It's lovely.

Dancergirl Thu 03-Dec-15 10:59:15

How much is the aldi one please?

brightnearly Thu 03-Dec-15 13:10:32

I really like Caudalie Vinosource Night Recovery Oil - it's around £26, lasts a good while (six drops a night), and leaves my skin as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Twinkie1 Thu 03-Dec-15 13:15:04

Genefique by Lancôme serum is brilliant.

Sunglasses are your best anti aging tool though. 😎

NotNowBono Thu 03-Dec-15 14:52:37

I've got very dry sensitive skin, and Eucerin Q10 night/day cream has turned it around in under a fortnight (in addition to the Paula's Choice 1% lotion, and serum). It's about £18 but always in the Boots 3 for 2 offers. Magic stuff.

Bunbaker Thu 03-Dec-15 15:52:08

The OP has said that she has shiny skin and I think some of the suggestions here are for very dry skin.

I have combination to shiny skin which is why I really like the Bodyshop vitamin E range because it doesn't feel greasy and sinks in beautifully rather than sitting on top of my skin feeling gloopy.

NotNowBono Thu 03-Dec-15 16:01:33

Oops. sorry, totally missed the 'shiny skin' element!

Grok Thu 03-Dec-15 19:35:57

I use Moogoo Udder Cream (great product, bad name). All natural blend of lovely oils, cheap for the quality (I paid about ten euros), only a pea size amount needed and best of all it seems to have mattifying effect if your skin is shiny.

I also rate Trilogy, Neals Yard and Kiehls very very highly.

Also if your skin is shiny make sure you wash with a non-foaming cleanser like a balm, milk or oil otherwise your skin could be getting too dry from foaming cleansers (which use alcohol) and over producing oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now