Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Effaclar Duo

(17 Posts)
Bluecheese22 Mon 30-Nov-15 20:20:13

I've been given some samples of effaclar duo but actually have no idea what it's meant to do or when to use it. Help!

Moodyblue1 Tue 01-Dec-15 08:35:23

I use it as a moisturiser under my make up, I have quite oily skin that's prone to breakouts and it helps keep my skin clear.

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Tue 01-Dec-15 08:52:22

I wouldn't advise putting it under make up, as it can be like a film on your skin, and peel away a bit like glue.

I use mine after washing my face every night, just before bed. Then lightly pat some moisturiser on top when it's dry.

It's basically just a benzoyl peroxide cream. I have to say that I do definitely notice a difference when I forget to use it for a few days.

Don't use too much (less than a pea sized blob will do the whole face easily), and definitely don't use a lot at once if you aren't used to it. Avoid the skin around your eyes (seriously) and your nostrils.

RockCrushesLizard Tue 01-Dec-15 09:13:18

I love it. I use it instead of a moisturiser.

When I first started using it my skin felt a bit like it needed more, because it was so used to being stripped and then using a richer moisturiser, but within a couple of weeks my skin settled right down. It doesn't over produce oil now, and the painful cystic spots only happen every couple of months rather than weekly. It's a great product - I now use the cleanser too.

I think GoodnessGracious above must be thinking of a different product, as there's no benzoyl peroxide in the duo (I just checked), and it's not at all harsh.

FundraisingPTABitch Tue 01-Dec-15 09:20:58

I love this stuff. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it's helped calmed my once perfect now acne prone skin.

Yoghurty Tue 01-Dec-15 09:26:16

Have you got the 3-step trio or just the duo+? I bought the 3 step kit and have found it excellent for my oily, spot prone skin. Now I've been using it a while and my skin has settled (I don't mean that it reacted from using the product, I mean it's stopped producing as much oil and I don't get spots like I used to) I use the cleansing gel every morning and that's it. If I get a spot, I use the duo + sparingly, like other people have said- not over my whole face and only at night. I haven't used the toner again since I don't feel I need that step as I have a wider skincare routine

Moodyblue1 Tue 01-Dec-15 10:20:44

I've been using mine for years as an all over face moisuriser and it's not at all like a film and definitely doesn't peel, it just sinks into my skin and my make up sits lovely when I've moisturised using it as it's not too creamy or thick so it doesn't make my make up slide off. If I use any other moisturiser I break out.

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Tue 01-Dec-15 10:55:57

Sorry, yes rock is totally right - I just checked and what I am writing about is papulex - a benzoyl peroxide gel! I'm based in France, and so always get it with an effaclar moisturiser. Apparently with my pregnancy brain, the two have blended into one product!

Sorry!

Bluecheese22 Tue 01-Dec-15 17:22:53

Thank you for all the advice! The packaging had no info on like that. Is it ok to use it daily or should I use less?

RockCrushesLizard Tue 01-Dec-15 17:56:22

I use it morning and night - just when you would normally use noisturiser

Bluecheese22 Thu 03-Dec-15 14:26:28

Only 2 days in and my skin feels lovely!

RockCrushesLizard Thu 03-Dec-15 17:24:42

It's a marvellous thing!

PretzelPrincess Thu 03-Dec-15 18:35:47

Do people use this in place of a moisturiser? I use it as a step before moisturising confused is that wrong?

RockCrushesLizard Thu 03-Dec-15 18:38:04

I use it instead of a moisturiser - if I use and additional moisturiser my skin gets over oiky and breaks out.

PretzelPrincess Thu 03-Dec-15 20:12:32

I've just read the blurb on there website and they say to use with or without moisturiser

Bluecheese22 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:10:50

I've been using it under my usual moisturiser and really like it

Saurus72 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:47:33

I use it in place of moisturiser (it is truly miraculous on my spot-prone hormonal skin) but make sure to use a richer eye cream as I would't use it close to your eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now