Talk

Advanced search

Blow dry options??

(5 Posts)
TigerTeatime Mon 30-Nov-15 18:49:47

Dear Mumsnetters

This is a really daft question... In all the years of having my hair cut, whenever the hairdresser has asked how I want my hair blow dried, I have always said 'straight'. I have always had fine, wavy, slightly frizzy hair 2 to 5 inches past my shoulders. Sometimes one length, sometime with layers, sometimes a fringe.

Next week I am having a trim, all one length (about 4 inches past my shoulders) with shaping at the front. What sort of blow dry do you ask for? I would really like something different but have no idea what to ask for?! Thanks in advance for any tips.

CarpetDiem Mon 30-Nov-15 19:12:43

Ask for a bouncy blow dry, a la Kate Middleton

TigerTeatime Tue 01-Dec-15 09:59:43

Thanks CarpetDiem. Never though about asking for a bouncier style. Not sure my fine hair will look anything like Kate's, but I like the idea of having more volume.

itsbetterthanabox Tue 01-Dec-15 11:14:30

I ask for natural movement and volume although I have super thick hair. I can straighten my hair myself but need it done for a lovely bouncy blow dry. They can blow dry it curly too if you like.

TigerTeatime Wed 02-Dec-15 11:22:57

Thank you Itsbetter. My hairdresser will be shocked after all these years when I ask for something different to 'just straight'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now