Talk

Advanced search

Hair advice please! (w pic)

(15 Posts)
SunnyDazee Mon 30-Nov-15 13:43:57

Help please! I had a baby 4 months ago and my hair has started falling out - expected but still not fun. So my hair has gone quite thin and limp. I also normally go for reds/coppers but am open to change.

Excuse the terrible selfie. blush

I'm going to the salon on Friday for cut and colour. Any recs?

Pippin8 Mon 30-Nov-15 14:28:46

Firstly, I must say your hair does not look thin to me at all. I think you'd suit a nice warm chocolate brown maybe mixed with 1/4 red or copper to lift it a bit. I also think a long bob may look nice. Something like this.

SunnyDazee Mon 30-Nov-15 15:19:09

Oh that looks nice. I've had bobs before, only issue is that my hair on one side of my head naturally curls out at the bottom and the other side curls in! The brown I like the idea of, though!

superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 15:19:39

I agree, a bit darker, more chocolate brown. Or if you can go for something a bit closer to your natural colour with some lowlights underneath, will be less upkeep while you're running around after your baby!

SunnyDazee Mon 30-Nov-15 15:56:53

I tried an online app to "try on" another colour. How does the brown suit me?

SuperFlyHigh Mon 30-Nov-15 15:58:56

I think the all over colour isn't over flattering and if you can do it, low lights, maybe a few highlights especially around face area and sides would brighten the look.

Babyliss big hair is brilliant for styling hair which is a bit tricky, when I use mine it styles the ends nicely and makes it look a lot more polished.

TimeToMuskUp Mon 30-Nov-15 15:59:12

I think the red is warmer and kinder to your skin tone. Philip Kingsley's body building shampoo and conditioner are godsends for when your hair goes a bit flat post-baby. I'm still using them almost 5 years after DS2 evacuated my loins.

Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 17:03:41

I think the copper tones suit you better tbh. Why not go for s different shade of red/copper?

SunnyDazee Mon 30-Nov-15 18:16:39

My hairdresser always says brown would bore me and wash me out, but I wonder about a warm brown with caramel highlights. I do come back to copper because it tends to look best on me but can't figure out the right shade.

Would you say more vibrant? More red? More copper?

SuperFlyHigh Mon 30-Nov-15 18:18:48

I'd personally go more copper but try maybe some blonder highlights (just a few) then you don't need to commit to anything.

The red is nice but I think you'd suit copper better.

ShmooBooMoo Tue 01-Dec-15 00:41:54

If you go for brown, you need warmer tones. I like the copper, really suits you!

Dowser Tue 01-Dec-15 08:24:32

Much prefer your first pic op. dark hair on our pale skin can be just too draining unless you are looking for a goth look which can look quite spectacular.

I've always opted for blonde highlights for this reason.

Dowser Tue 01-Dec-15 08:48:42

Anything here help?

youqueen.com/long-haircuts-for-women/

thewhitepowerranger Tue 01-Dec-15 13:16:44

I love your hair red - it suits your colouring perfectly. You look really gorgeous - just naturally lovely and pretty - in the first photo, but you fade into the background in the second photo. A darker chestnut brown might work though.

SunnyDazee Tue 01-Dec-15 17:46:51

Thanks all for the advice and kind words! Think I will go with a nice warm copper, maybe something cinnamon-y.

Dowser, I lost a good hour to that web site! Good fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now