Advanced search

Fed up of conditioners giving me sore spots.....

(12 Posts)
Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 08:55:02

Even though I'm careful not to apply scalp etc I always seem to get those horrible sore red lump type spots on forehead and scalp! Probably from the perfume and colours in them! Latest culprit OGX keratin oil one (don't know why I bought it because have had problems using other products in the range)
Anyone know a good conditioner, moisturising and hydrating and repairing but rinses easy and no residue!! Thanks in advance.

Kennington Mon 30-Nov-15 15:43:42

It might be the silicones as I do get this too with certain conditioners.
Try and oil one instead. I find Aussie good

midnightmoomoo Mon 30-Nov-15 16:53:40

I get them under my hair along the hair line. I like Herbal Essences (the original one) in the yellow bottle, that doesn't give me them.

As you get the spots on your face, have you tried washing your hair first then washing your face after to be sure any residues get washed away?

Hatethis22 Mon 30-Nov-15 16:57:17

I used to get those on my scalp. Try sulphate and paraben free brands like Avalon or DGJ Organics.

CwtchMeQuick Mon 30-Nov-15 16:59:52

I get this on my shoulders. I find the tresemme naturals stuff doesn't give me spots and is often on offer in asda

Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 16:59:53

I already wash my face after my hair, and also I don't let shampoo or cond run into my face I bend over in shower holding the shower head to wash my hair (I can't get water in my ears as am prone to ear infections)
Already using sulphate and paraben free.

Hatethis22 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:02:00

I used to be able to use the OGX stuff and then started reacting to it. At the moment I use Avalon shampoo and Say Yes To conditioner.

Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 17:05:06

I tried the yes to range but hated them sad most recently tried the Jason range which again I hated, have tried loads of the "natural" ranges tbh. I'm trying Liz Earle shamp at mo.

Hatethis22 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:09:11

The Say Yes To Carrots smells of baby wipes and isn't the best conditioner but I bought a big bottle and feel I should use it up. The Avalon peppermint shampoo smells amazing and I think that will be the next conditioner I'll buy.

Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 17:12:27

Don't think I've actually tried Avalon tbh where do you buy it from? I love smell of anything peppermint!

Hatethis22 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:14:37

I buy it through Ocado but you can get it elsewhere.

Indecisivejo Mon 30-Nov-15 17:20:30

Just seen its in Holland and Barrett's so will have look next time I'm shopping, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now