Talk

Advanced search

Black sequin skirt and...?

(8 Posts)
SorrelForbes Sun 29-Nov-15 22:08:53

I bought this knee length sequin pencil skirt in the Jigsaw sale back in January and have been saving it for this winter. I was planning to wear it on work's night out but am a) stuck with what to wear on top (and dithering over what tights/shoes/boots to wear to avoid a funereal look) and b) thinking it would have been better to have got a silver skirt and worn it with a black top!

Ideas please or should I just flog it on eBay and but a silver sequin mini instead to wear with a black t-shirt, opaques and ankle boots.

I'm a curvy 10/12 with large boobs and I can't wear cream or gold as they make look ill.

waitingforgodot Sun 29-Nov-15 22:32:44

Love it! I'd team with a plain top, nude tights or bare legs and extremely high shoes!

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 29-Nov-15 22:34:14

I'd try a champagne colored silky shell top.

SorrelForbes Mon 30-Nov-15 07:41:14

Thank you both.

What type/colour of top? It needs to have sleeves. I can't wear anything cream or champagne in colour. I'm better in black, white or jewel type colours.

Madelinehatter Mon 30-Nov-15 07:49:48

I would buy a short sleeve cashmere jumper. The contrast with the materials would look stylish. Nude tights, glittery shoes or ankle boots. It is xmas after all so all black is fine. Add a nice necklace.

burnishedsilver Mon 30-Nov-15 08:30:47

I'd wear it like this.

SorrelForbes Mon 30-Nov-15 10:09:28

Madelinehatter I though about the cashmere thing and bought a Boden cropped cashmere cardigan but it gaped (big boob problem) and the size up was massive on the waist and arms.

burnishedsilver I'll look for a nice black top today like the one pictured and stick with the nude tights and ankle boots. I have lots of silver jewellery so that's sorted.

Autumn2014 Mon 30-Nov-15 10:29:07

I've got a similar issue with a black lace skirt, black lace over black lining. Not sure if a black top would be overkill. Complicated by the fact that I'm pregnant and my choice of tops is a bit more limited. Op, your outfit looks great. Hope you have fun on your night out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now