Talk

Advanced search

For the "amazing faces" ladies ....

(14 Posts)
Itsalldramarama Sun 29-Nov-15 20:42:56

Might be old news but nip and fab now have an "extreme night " verdin of the glycolic acid pads smile half price at boots . Used them last night and tonight and really make a difference smile 5% glycolic

Itsalldramarama Sun 29-Nov-15 20:44:02

*version !

Redskyatnight01 Sun 29-Nov-15 21:12:06

Can I ask how they made a difference? I bought the Dragon's blood & the glycolic pads today, will use them tomorrow but don't know what to expect!

Itsalldramarama Mon 30-Nov-15 07:35:46

Definately more of a smoothing and brighten effect than the original ! Might not be good if starting a routine or if you have more sensitive skin , probably best to not use every day to start of with !
I like the original and the dragons blood , the dragons blood are better for spots and not as drying and the glycolic better for aging skin , if you use glycolic in the morning remember to use a sun screen , if you use sacylliic at night don't mix with retin A

BritabroadinAsia Mon 30-Nov-15 07:51:52

Could I hijack briefly, please? (as you clearly know what you're talking about!)

I'm using Clinique mild clarifying lotion as an acid toner - what would you recommend as the next 'step up', IYSWIM? Pleased with results so far but if the Clinique can be improved on with something a little stronger I'd love a recommendation. I'm in my mid-forties, so wondering if the original Nip and Fab would be good?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 30-Nov-15 07:55:45

britabroad. Pixi toner might be good for a toner. I use the original nip and fab pads in the morning and then Pixi toner at night after cleansing.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 30-Nov-15 08:25:13

What's in the dragons blood ones?

BritabroadinAsia Mon 30-Nov-15 09:43:09

Thanks for that Who - will take a look at Pixi.

Jux Mon 30-Nov-15 10:04:27

What's the Dragon's Blood? I'm asking for dd (16), who still has a bit of acne, but very delicate, sensitive skin.

Itsalldramarama Mon 30-Nov-15 10:08:14

I've read the pixi one is good too smile the dragons blood are sycillic acid .. Better for spot prone skin

Itsalldramarama Mon 30-Nov-15 10:10:32

Brit abroad .. Have you tried a retinol ? La Roche possay redermic R is a good starter if you don't fancy retin A , good for fine linessmile

Itsalldramarama Mon 30-Nov-15 10:11:56

Jux .. My daughter has used the dragons blood , much kinder to skin than the clearasil pads

BritabroadinAsia Mon 30-Nov-15 15:31:46

Excellent! Thanks, Itsall - will look out for La Roche Posay too, as haven't yet tried retinol.

Jux Mon 30-Nov-15 16:44:14

Thanks, Itsall, dd wouldn't use the Clearasil pads as they were so harsh. I shall get some Dragon's Blood for her tomorrow. "Drink that!" I shall say, "It'll put hairs on yer chest!" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now