Talk

Advanced search

Urban Decay naked eye pallette - which one should I go for?

(15 Posts)
scratchandsniff Sun 29-Nov-15 20:40:20

Thinking of asking for this for Christmas from DH. But which one is best? Be grateful for opinions from anyone who has any of them.

Confession: I have all 4 of them (1-3 and Smoky)

What is your colouring like? 1 is more gold based so suits warmer tones, whereas 2 is more silvers/taupes and better on cooler tones. 3 is Rose Golds/pinks - its beautiful, but quite a bridal/special occasion type colour range although I think it would be great on green eyes. The Smoky is lovely, more silvery/grey based again but has more darker shades.

If I was only going to have 1, it would be 2 or Smoky depending on whether I was wearing it more for day or night.

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Sun 29-Nov-15 20:55:46

I have Naked 2.
Love it, more or less threw away the rest of my eyeshadow after I bought it.
I use it everyday but it has nice shimmery/darker shades for more 'going out' makeup.
Best makeup buy for me.

swisscheesetony Sun 29-Nov-15 20:58:26

I'm a blue-eyed blonde and went for 2. 1 was definitely suited to darker tones (golds and orangey) and 3. was indeed more "special occasion".

scratchandsniff Sun 29-Nov-15 21:00:36

statistically I have dark hair/eyes and would probably use it equally day/night. I don't tend to wear much eye-shadow on a day to day basis but like to make an effort with my eye makeup if I'm going out for the day/night or have to go out on a client visit at work etc.

scratchandsniff Sun 29-Nov-15 21:01:02

1 is probably better for me then

I have dark hair/eyes - but I am very pale and cool toned skin wise. Do you know if you are cool or warm? The colour of your veins is often a good clue, with blue tones indicating cool and green warm. Or do you suit gold or silver jewellery better?

ThreeRuddyTubs Sun 29-Nov-15 21:37:27

I got the set of 3 off ebay for £40. Apparently they're factory seconds, so I don't have to choose which one I wanted! I still want the naked smokey one but I'm not spending more money!

KateSpadeAddict Sun 29-Nov-15 21:46:52

I’m fair and dark-haired/green eyed and use 2 every single day and also use it for evening wear. I am interested in investing in a smoky eye one too though smile

paperdreams94 Sun 29-Nov-15 21:55:53

I have dark hair and eyes, and olive skin. I have all three but 1 is my absolute favourite and the most versatile IMO.

jamtartandcustard Sun 29-Nov-15 22:11:15

I have 3 and really love it but I've always preferred warmer rose-gold tones. I'm very pale skinned, dark brown hair, blue/green eyes

TwentyOneGuns Sun 29-Nov-15 22:22:29

I'm pale with dark (currently red) hair and green eyes and 2 suits me best. I don't normally rave about make-up but these are the best eye shadows I've ever used - the colours are so flattering and the textures feel beautiful. I also got the double ended brush which is great as I can smudge the darker shades around my eyes as an eyeliner. Highly recommended smile.

magpie17 Sun 29-Nov-15 22:33:39

I'm medium skin tone, on the cool side. Dark hair, greeny eyes. I have number 2 and use it every single day! I think 1 had more orangy shades bad 3 was a bit pinky for me (I have v. sensitive eyes which can look a bit bloodshot so stay away from pinky eyeshadow).

Sparebutton Sun 29-Nov-15 23:55:30

I have dark hair and grey eyes. Just bought 2 and the colours are great for me, with a lot of warm browns.

ZacharyQuack Mon 30-Nov-15 02:19:01

I've got 1, 2 and 3, but hardly ever use 3 as it's a bit too pink for my liking. Med brown hair, fair skin, green eyes.

Be careful buying from ebay, there are a lot of UD Naked fakes around and the quality may be iffy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now