Talk

Advanced search

Bluesky nail polish

(10 Posts)
lorelei9 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:38:00

just having a whinge
had an OPI gel, comes off easy with short acetone nail polish remover soak

expensive so tried the Bluesky for another colour
OMD this stuff is awful to remove!! Not buying that again. It's taken about 45 minutes of soaking and I still have lots of residue on my nails.

I was thinking of packing in the manicure thing, when I discovered gel stays on for so long I thought I'd try it. Now I think maybe I will just pack in the manicure thing - hassle, expense and now the place absolutely reeks of remover because I've had to leave it on so long.

not sure I can be arsed anymore! Maybe I'll leave it for very special occasions only and then if the colour only lasts a day or two, it won't matter.

biscuitkumquat Sun 29-Nov-15 20:43:34

I use Bluesky and OPI & haven't found a huge difference in the time to remove. I use the acetone in a bowl, suspended above a bowl of hot water, makes it much quicker.

lorelei9 Sun 29-Nov-15 21:05:03

funny - the OPI just fell away!

acetone over a bowl of hot water - that makes my eyes water already - I wonder if I just got a really determined bottle of Bluesky?!

Mine comes off ok so long as I do wraps rather than just soak it - cotton wool balls soaked in acetone, then wrapped in tinfoil. Takes it off much easier.

lorelei9 Sun 29-Nov-15 21:38:05

Statistically - that's what I did both times. the OPI literally fell away, this, I've got to go shortly and have another bash at. Had to get away from the smell of acetone!!

lorelei9 Sun 29-Nov-15 21:38:49

sorry, should have said "wrapping" not "soaking" - not sure where my brain is acetone fumes

What base and top coat are you using? I wonder if it's maybe a combination issue - I have a total mix of colours and a few different base and top coats and I have noticed that some colours come off easily with one base and top but are a fecking nightmare with others. Funnily enough I find Bluesky colours with Bluesky base and top coat very heard work, but easy with Shellac base/top. I've got a red carpet that practically needs to be filed off.

lorelei9 Sun 29-Nov-15 22:31:23

It's all bluesky, maybe that's it. The Opi was done in a salon, I liked it, then bought a kit from Bluesky. Good that it stays on but not to this extent, lol.

What happens if you don't use top or base with these, I wonder?

It doesn't work if you don't use top or base, but I have mixed and matched brands fairly successfully. There's also an easy off base coat from Sensationail - it only lasts maybe a week but comes off a lot easier.

lorelei9 Mon 30-Nov-15 10:22:40

SC, thanks, do you mean these please? My lamp is uv and I thought i needed led for this brand

www.boots.com/en/SensatioNail-Peel-off-Base-Strips_1674849/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now