Talk

Advanced search

Boots for fat calves

(13 Posts)
trinity0097 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:24:15

Having slimmed down to a size 18 I really want some black boots, but far too fat for normal boots still! Where could I go to find some boots that actually involved a shoe shop and trying them on. I know I could buy online but I have always struggled with feet and shoes so I would prefer to be able to try on a few styles/sizes in one place. I live south of Guildford but willing to head into the big smoke if necessary - where should I think of visiting to treat myself to some boots?

Hornydilemma Sun 29-Nov-15 20:29:40

Size 20 here & wearing Evans - not leather though. But as they are also wide fitting I've gone down a foot size & can wear nice thick warm socks with them.

Some M&S boots fit me (need a lot of tugging on the zip at first) but if you get leather they will stretch after a few days. I have a pair of Footglove boots that are my favourite pair ever.

travailtotravel Sun 29-Nov-15 20:33:27

There is a fab shoe shop in Petersfield (depending how South of Guildford you are) that has an amazing range of boots in it. I am fat of calf and found a pair in there. Otherwise, to echo M&S as an option and Evans - if you sort though with discernment you will find a pair there. If you are well endowed of pocket, Duo/Ted & Muffy are worth a look - online though.

Mytholmroyd Sun 29-Nov-15 20:36:47

Duo www.tedandmuffy.com/ in shops online and the outlet. You can also buy them on ebay once you know your calf size.

trinity0097 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:38:16

According to Evans website my foot size 7-8 calves in their fat calve boots are 4cm too fat!

What shop in Petersfield, tried on a pair in moshulu the other weekend and couldn't get the zip more than a third of the way up, and I chose the roomiest looking style!

purplewhale Sun 29-Nov-15 20:45:15

I have this trouble. The Evans ones vary by style. Some are bigger than others. Annoyingly they all seem to be man made now which I hate

If money is no object look at Duo boots, you measure your calves and order that size, up to 50cm I believe. There are loads of styles and the quality is excellent

I got some K ones in a Clarks outlet for £60. They've done me 2 winters too smile

travailtotravel Sun 29-Nov-15 20:47:10

Can't remember the name - Mimosa? Far end of the high street opposite Wetherspoons. That implies it is not classy. It is a vair classy shop.

The otherone is that godawful shop in the outside - is it Kimber or something) all the way over the other end of the high street as you're going towards Lavant street. Not sure if its even still open TBH.

travailtotravel Sun 29-Nov-15 20:50:02

Also, don't try standing up to do on boots. Stick your leg straight out in front of you and zip.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Sun 29-Nov-15 20:52:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleCandle Sun 29-Nov-15 20:58:11

Try Simply Be. They have 5 calf fittings and two width fittings. There are leather and non-leather boots. There is a fitting guide online to help with checking which size you need if there isn't a store near you.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 29-Nov-15 21:13:11

Yes I second Simply Be. They are pretty good. And not as naff as you'd think. grin

slugseatlettuce Sun 29-Nov-15 21:46:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PaperPlaneDown Sun 29-Nov-15 22:06:18

Somebody on another thread mentioned Jilsen wide calf boots

Jilsen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now