Talk

Advanced search

Do you own anything by Penelope Chilvers?

(8 Posts)
AddToBasket Sun 29-Nov-15 20:02:51

I think i really like the velvet boots but maybe they are a bit too old-lady-newspaper-supplement. I know some people pull this off in a cool ironic way, but I probably wont. But they do look fab in the pics.

Are they worth the price tag? www.penelopechilvers.com/boots/velvet-boots/dp-2507/jungle-velvet

AddToBasket Sun 06-Dec-15 09:10:16

Anyone?

cloudberry Sun 06-Dec-15 16:54:59

I love her boots. Have about 4 pairs but not those velvet ones. I've never paid full price though but they're fantastically well-made. First pair were Spanish riding boots I bought years ago. Make cheaper ones look very moderate indeed. Not sure that's helped much but wanted to give you a response!

AddToBasket Sun 06-Dec-15 22:19:13

Thanks for the reply! That exactly what I was wondering, very helpful.

I am always nervous spending on a brand I've not had before. I don't think I've ever even seen her stuff IRL and haven't been to one of her shops.

I have a total crush on those velvet boots. And the awesome snow boots. But so incredibly impractical...

bialystockandbloom Sun 06-Dec-15 22:28:46

I've got a few pairs of espadrilles wedges, which I love, they're beautiful, but they stretch so much one pair is now unwearable. But you weren't asking about those were you grin

A friend has those velvet boots and loves them. They look gorgeous. I think all her stuff is well made, but expensive. They do look v good quality, but imho if you can find something that looks basically the same but doesn't cost as much, I'd go for that. Not fully worth the price tag, in as I said, only mho!

Didiusfalco Sun 06-Dec-15 22:53:21

If you get them go for the denim colour - so much nicer/more unusual than the black, which I think could just look like suede unless inspected closely. I can see why you love them though.

AddToBasket Mon 07-Dec-15 20:16:33

I am slightly obsessing about all the PC stuff now.

cloudberry Fri 11-Dec-15 10:03:06

Wait for sales then Google madly. I've picked up some surprising bargains but sometimes go to about pg 6 on Google to find them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now