Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever had a major break out from make up?

(4 Posts)
bertiebow Sun 29-Nov-15 17:17:41

Having previously had pretty reliable skin, I suffered a major break out this summer which has thankfully now gone after I traced it to use of Bourgeois Healthy Mix foundation. Not sure what it was about this foundation my skin hated so much, as it seems to get generally great reviews and I liked that it was a good match for my pale skin. It gave me proper acne all over my cheeks, jaw and a bit on my forehead.

I stopped using it a couple of months ago and started cleaning my face with a flannel and baby lotion, and skin is now thankfully back to normal. It took me a while to work out the cause, because from what I'd read acne isn't generally caused by make up.

Just wondering if anyone else had had a similar reaction from make up?

divere Sun 29-Nov-15 18:12:31

I've never had a reaction like that from make-up, but I did have one from a face wash in Boots many moons ago. I use that foundation occasionally, but only to cover up spots I already have!

mintbiscuit Sun 29-Nov-15 18:42:12

Not sure how you were cleansing your face when using the foundation but I read a lot of people get breakouts from foundations and sunscreens due to not getting everything off. Double cleansing with an oil based cleanser first (to dissolve all the gunk) then following up with water based cleanser (to cleanse the skin) is recommended for make up and sunscreen. I used to get breakouts from tinted moisturiser until I started double cleansing.

However if you have been double cleansing it might just be that particular foundation!

bertiebow Sun 29-Nov-15 23:02:22

I did double cleanse pretty thoroughly before, though not with oil and then water based cleanser...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now