Talk

Advanced search

Another Christmas party thread - opinions?

(9 Posts)
ItsAllGoodMan Sun 29-Nov-15 16:55:39

I'm looking for something to wear to a Christmas party. What do you all think of this dress and this skirt from Mango? They've got 30% off at the moment so prices are quite reasonable.

dress

skirt

Could either one be worn with opaque tights? I can't really do bare-legged in winter. BTW I'm quite big busted so worried the dress might be a bit much on me. I'm still leaning towards the dress though as I don't know what top I'd wear with the skirt.

Thanks

KateSpadeAddict Sun 29-Nov-15 17:22:01

Love the dress, you’d need to try it on to check out bust and you could always tac it to make it more modest or attach tape between it and your bra to stop it shifting about (something I do loads!) I think you could definitely wear it with black tights.

I am not as keen on the skirt - it is giving me an Egyptian royalty vibe grin

ItsAllGoodMan Sun 29-Nov-15 21:04:45

Thanks KateSpade. Great idea about sticking the dress to my bra. Never tried that before. Any suggestions on shoes? Something with a heel that can withstand a bit of a walk would be nice!

BrendaandEddie Sun 29-Nov-15 21:09:01

oh i like BOTH A LOT

ItsAllGoodMan Sun 29-Nov-15 21:28:14

What would you wear with the skirt, Brenda?

BrendaandEddie Sun 29-Nov-15 21:28:57

plain black - see sequin skirt thread

Valdeeves Sun 29-Nov-15 21:50:58

I love that black dress and may buy it myself - I would probably put a stitch in to make it more modest though.

ItsAllGoodMan Sun 29-Nov-15 22:19:18

I've ordered both and will report back when I get them. Thanks for all the help!

KateSpadeAddict Sun 29-Nov-15 22:53:41

I always find New Look heels to be fairly comfortable - Id go for black with a closed toe if you are planning on wearing tights. Or a reaaaally high shoe boot ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now