Talk

Advanced search

Please help to style this dress from 'wedding' to 'cocktail'

(5 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Sun 29-Nov-15 14:15:37

It has a sheeny finish, trying to work out how to make it more suitable for cocktail dress code.

I have mottled legs, so tights are a must. Not sure on colour, denier or finish?

I can't walk in stilettos or any heels over 2 inches, really stumped on what shoes to wear.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 29-Nov-15 14:21:37

Platforms are easy to walk in. Think you need a sparkly belt.

MrsBertMacklin Sun 29-Nov-15 14:39:30

Belt I can do, thanks. Most platforms are quite chunky, would they be okay with the dress?

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Sun 29-Nov-15 16:19:16

If you must wear tights, then go very sheer black ones. Opaque tights at formal events are just weird.

For shoes, wear a nice pair of black kitten heels. Smart, easy, stylish. I think platforms would look ridiculously clumpy with that dress.

Really the outfit doesn't need that much work to make it suitable for a cocktail party - you just need to make sure that you do a good job with your make up, wear a very nice pair of earrings, and maybe get your hair put up (up do's are more formal).

bakewelltarte Sun 29-Nov-15 17:06:45

I would definitely wear opaque black tights with some black suede shoe boots (like Amanda Seyfried here: www.instyle.com/fashion/accessories/21-chic-celebrity-looks-have-us-saying-yes-tights#421330)
Then get a fabulous blow dry, bright lipstick , nails painted plus a colourful clutch bag and you are good to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now