Talk

Advanced search

How much make up have you got on the go? And do you ever finish anything?

(6 Posts)
yellowvan Sun 29-Nov-15 09:49:53

I wondered this as i came home with yet another red lipstick so i counted up: 8 reds, 6 pinks and 2 neutrals, 6 eyeshadow pallettes, 16 single eyeshadows, 5 blushers and 3 bronzers. it will be out of fashion before I've used even a fraction of it. How much have you got? Will a new shade of brown change my life??

mrsmeerkat Sun 29-Nov-15 09:54:44

I have radically cut down on my make up stash and have two under two so paired things down

I have a hd brow set. Compact foundation. Two mascaras (I use a thickening an lengthening after each other) then a light pink clinique shadow and bronzer.

I keep a spare set in the car.

I need to buy a black liquid liner and then I am done.

I have the naked palette but I am not great at applying it so i must practise.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 29-Nov-15 09:56:21

I do have a fair bit of makeup.... The favourite lip shades are a nude in 2 colours, a sheer nude, 2 pinks, 3 red lip glosses etc.

I was getting a bit sick of being a slave to the makeup counters, not using much and it isn't cheap either (I like high end stuff!) so I simply stopped going to department stores with it in.

Also if I do go I have a very specific item I want if it's a new blusher etc.

I'm almost touching pan on a MAC creme blush I got which is a rarity for me,but unsure if it's 100% my colour. Love the finish though.

If I were you I'd go through what you use and what you buy when you're bored etc. I know I tend to reach for a sheer nude, the other 2 nudes etc day to day. I suit reds but they're a faff to put on every day! I buy pretty pinks as a cheer me up but they stay in my bag...

RoxieMia Sun 29-Nov-15 17:04:18

I generally use the same products every day so I tend to use them until they run out and only buy a new one then. I'm not the type of person to buy a new eyeshadow or lipstick as a treat. But I have a few bits that I've bought for one-off events, or were gifted, and I'll never fully use them but hang on to them anyway. And I have some products that I mostly use when travelling (e.g. switch to powder foundation instead of liquid).

I find I don't buy make up that often these days because of keeping it down to the essentials, and even if I buy good brands it means my overall makeup budget is quite small. It takes me a year or two to use up most products.

CointreauVersial Sun 29-Nov-15 17:10:35

Foundation, concealer and mascara - I have just one, which I use until it is finished, then I replace it.

Eyeshadows, pencils, nail varnish, lipstick - I have lots, and rarely finish any, apart from the odd favourite lipstick. I have the odd clearout and chuck anything too old and dried up.

EverybodyHatesATourist Sun 29-Nov-15 17:17:23

I used to be an absolute sod for buying make-up, never finishing anything and drawers stuffed full of it. As I've got older I can't get away with the colours I used to so have pared it down to mainly one set of products (with a few additions when I can't resist). The downside to this is when they discontinue something from my essential kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now