Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear this Whistles dress now and if so how?

(9 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Sat 28-Nov-15 18:09:18

Just ordered this whistles Lola dress - had a similar one in the summer and was hankering for navy for work... Anyway on the website its described as a summer dress - but surely I can wear it now can't I?
Only thing is am not too sure what with - opaques? Long boots ? Short boots ?
Really want to keep it but can't really have it languishing in my wardrobe for months.
Any ideas?

www.whistles.com/women/clothing/dresses/lola-dress-21112.html?dwvar_lola-dress-21112_color=Navy

SwedishEdith Sat 28-Nov-15 18:19:57

It's very thin (can see through the model's legs) so I imagine it's not very warm. But for going out, why not?

Liveinthepresent Sat 28-Nov-15 19:04:05

Gosh yes I hadn't noticed that at all. Will have another look - it doesn't seem thin ( I have it already !) was hoping it could be a work dress.

WanderingTrolley1 Sat 28-Nov-15 19:07:47

You'll catch your death wearing that in this climate.

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 28-Nov-15 20:53:34

I'd wear it with a long-sleeved top underneath (like one of the Uniqlo heat-tech scoop necks), navy opaques and either biker or Chelsea boots. A grey marl top and tights might be good too? I wear a slip with absolutely every dress/skirt to stop them clinging to tights, that would stop the see-through bit. It's a lovely dress.

Greengardenpixie Sat 28-Nov-15 20:55:12

Its fine smile Wear it with leggings or ultra thick tights and boots and a cardi and you will be fine! I have loads of whistles dresses about the same thickness and wear them all the time.

Greengardenpixie Sat 28-Nov-15 20:55:52

Oh yes and a slip under it. I wear all my dresses with slips.

FellOffMyUnicorn Sat 28-Nov-15 20:58:06

it looks like an oversized shirt... not keen

Liveinthepresent Sun 29-Nov-15 09:20:53

Thanks for the replies - missed these last night. Hurrah I might be able to keep it now that a few of you have given me encouragement!
I really am not worried about being cold - am normally boiling in my office. ( and have a nice warm coat !) It was more about the right footwear for the dress as it's obviously needs a certain style.
Will try on again later with opaques etc.
Slip is a good idea.
I don't have biker or Chelsea boots but will see what other options I have. Would love a new pair of boots actually ...
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now