Talk

Advanced search

Best make up remover

(25 Posts)
CountryRoadTakeMeHome Fri 27-Nov-15 21:57:13

Would like advise on make up remover. I used to wear EL double wear foundation and body shop mascara which both wear an absolute bastard ( blush ) to remove.

I tried Body Shop camomile oil which was nice for my skin needed a hell of a lot to finish the job!

I have recently moved happily on to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua compact which is far easier to remove. However everything seems to dry my skin out,mainly around my nose and under my eyes

Help! Suggestions grin

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Fri 27-Nov-15 21:58:36

were blush

chipsandpeas Fri 27-Nov-15 22:02:46

clinqiue take the day off cleansing balm big tub lasts me ages, goes on like oil but not too greasy

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Fri 27-Nov-15 22:13:44

Without me looking on da netgrin could you give me a rough £££ ? Does it take it off in a single(ish) swoop?

amazonianwoman Fri 27-Nov-15 22:37:05

Yes Clinique Take the Day off balm or oil both good, wash off quickly with a wet flannel. Easily removes Benefit mascara which is also a bastard to remove.

amazonianwoman Fri 27-Nov-15 22:36:55

About £25!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 27-Nov-15 22:46:23

I found the BodyShop eyemake up remover was pants but the Camomile Butter Balm (with a hot muslin cloth) is brilliant.

Yarpyarp Fri 27-Nov-15 22:50:22

Liz Earle cleanse and polish also works. I use double wear too and shit loads of mascara and find that this does shift it.

The boots botanics eye make up remover is also good.

Pepperpot123 Fri 27-Nov-15 23:30:24

Elemis is fab! Just takes it off with no rubbing or irritation!

Lenazabaglione Fri 27-Nov-15 23:42:29

Pure coconut oil (about £7 for a big pot from the supermarket) completely disintegrates my ELDW in one swoop.

Donge13 Fri 27-Nov-15 23:51:49

Take the day off balm, it is worth the price

ephemeralfairy Sat 28-Nov-15 02:55:45

Granire Micellar Water. Very gentle even on eyes but gets everything off. Makes your skin feel lovely and fresh. Cheap too, about £4 for massive bottle and often on special offer in Boots/Superdrug.

ephemeralfairy Sat 28-Nov-15 02:55:41

Garnier!!

Hi5Hello Sat 28-Nov-15 06:39:35

L'Oreal have just brought out micellar gels, cost a couple of ££ each.

This stuff is amazing before Liz Earle C and P to get the gunk off

WhatEverZen Sat 28-Nov-15 11:13:25

Another vote for Clinique's take the day off balm or oil.

Unbeatable in my opinion and lasts for ages

Nettletheelf Sat 28-Nov-15 15:48:58

Emma Hardie Amazing Face. A lot like the Clinique balm but smells gorgeous.

Howaboutthisone Sat 28-Nov-15 15:55:19

No7 eye make up remover and clean and clear here- since I was about 16 actually! The clean and clear is probably quite stripping but I've never felt as genuinely clean as I do after using it. I use a thicker moisturiser to compensate!

CallingAllEmergencyKittens Sat 28-Nov-15 16:35:51

Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 28-Nov-15 19:36:50

Seconding pure coconut oil from the cooking section in any supermarket. Honestly OP try it, just warm a small amount in your hands and massage onto your face. It MELTS stubborn make up no prob at all. Very satisfying. Remove with a warm, damp flannel.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 28-Nov-15 19:54:36

Coconut oil gave me spots. Hate the stuff.

PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Nov-15 19:57:32

I also had a horrible break out after using coconut oil.

I use l'oreal micellar water.

Winniethewylde Sat 28-Nov-15 20:06:05

Another coconut oil fan here. Most eye make up removers really irritate my eyes, including simple but this works a treat. Great for lashes and brows too.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Sat 28-Nov-15 20:15:55

I've looked at coconut oil but yes worried about a breakout! My skin is usually clear, dry around my nose and under my eyes and can be a little red at times. I also have large pores shock

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 28-Nov-15 20:24:46

OP I've heard some say they get spots with natural oils like coconut so I feel lucky to never have had a problem with it. I'm pretty evangelical about coconut oil as a make up remover and really dont need to keep looking for something else better. Completely accept everyone is different though.

Must add, I do actually take it all off with the flannel. I don't leave any residue.

squoosh Sat 28-Nov-15 20:41:01

I love oils, I just don't get the fuss about coconut oil.

Its comedogenic rating is quite high compared to other oils.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now