Talk

Advanced search

epilators

(8 Posts)
girlguide123 Fri 27-Nov-15 17:44:09

update me about epilators please - I'm thinking of getting one so I can be all smooth & lovely over the holidays.

I tried them before, well over 20 years ago, lol, when they were quite new. and vowed 'never again'. but surely they've improved?

my hair is finer these days too.

daimbardiva Fri 27-Nov-15 19:04:31

Yes they have improved. I have a braun silk epil which I've had for several years so is on its last legs. I'm needing a new one - any recommendations or shall I stick w Braun?

girlguide123 Fri 27-Nov-15 20:55:38

well boots has a posh silk epil 9 series at £95 which is £85 off.

of a medium priced 5 series one at £45, which is £50 off.

bargains here - www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SolrSearchLister?storeId=10052&catalogId=11051&langId=-1&searchTerm=epilator&t1_N=mfName_ntk_cs%253A%2522Braun%2522|#container

girlguide123 Fri 27-Nov-15 21:02:34

lots of reductions at boots on all brands this weekend...

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 28-Nov-15 09:48:55

I have one of the epil wet and dry things, I never use it wet but it is great. The fact that you charge it up and then can just use it anywhere is good. Also the wee light is brilliant. Mine has lasted years and still plucking away. I think cheaper ones are not as effective and just break

ZenNudist Sat 28-Nov-15 10:55:39

I love my silk epil it's saved me loads. I'd never spend over £100, let alone £200. That's the price they put on it to do 50% off and still make the same profit!

Bought my last one on eBay (new). The more expensive ones just have lots of crappy attachments you don't need. You just need the basic (open) attachment and a bikini one.

Bananajam Sat 28-Nov-15 20:27:56

I have a Braun wet and dry one but I only use it on my legs and occasionally upper lip. Can't tolerate it on my bikini or underarms. Good for summer months though for my legs. I have used it in the shower but I find it works better dry.

HeyMacWey Sun 29-Nov-15 10:32:21

I have the wet and dry one too. Always use it dry though as tried using it wet and it didn't seen to grip the hair as well.
Use mine all year round. I don't bother with any of the attachments.
Mine can also be used as a shaver which Dd finds useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now