Talk

Advanced search

Perfume so much better than food!

(16 Posts)
YouLostMeThere Fri 27-Nov-15 13:36:14

Just that really... I am celebrating finding a beautiful perfume that makes me feel calm and wonderful, and thinking how it is so easy to forget about boosting our mood with scent or looking after ourselves. Perfume makes me feel far more !!Fabulous!! than food; far more life-affirming than chocolate. Inspired by you perfumistas in S&B, I have been sending off for samples and now it has become a small obsession. 😊

IguanaTail Fri 27-Nov-15 13:39:27

Oooooh which perfume have you found?

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 27-Nov-15 13:40:00

Absolute agree! I was just commenting to some friends that I realize my priorities are wrong because I have holes in my shoes but expensive perfume. grin

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Fri 27-Nov-15 13:40:50

Ps. I also saw your post on the perfumista thread and added to my list again!

cressetmama Fri 27-Nov-15 13:42:04

Welcome to wonderland, YouLostMe. Primrose path or slippery slope? Clearly primrose path, because they smell of spring loveliness!

YouLostMeThere Fri 27-Nov-15 13:47:21

😄 My new scent-obsession is Tauer's L'Air du Dersert Marocain. I think I am in a perfume-induced euphoric haze.

This may be a very slippery slope.... 😳

mumsnit Fri 27-Nov-15 15:47:21

It's wonderful isn't it! I absolutely adore buying and trying new fragrances and spend far more on it than I do clothes. I have to keep my perfume habit a secret these days blush

girlguide123 Fri 27-Nov-15 17:56:15

yes! it's better than food (but I do love food as well).

and yes, it's a really slippery slope. I kept on saying on fragrantica that I was giving up buying new ones, but now I've given up giving up. I blame TKMaxx and all their l'artisan bargains...

YouLostMeThere Fri 27-Nov-15 22:50:12

Oops, may have accidentally ordered a bottle .... blush. May need to give up chocolate now in order to assuage guilt. Husband did seriously owe me though....

BreadstickBev Sat 28-Nov-15 00:51:28

This isn't the thread for me to be talked out of buying Molecule 01 then?! 😝

FrustratedFrugal Sat 28-Nov-15 06:46:09

Yep, all of the reasons you mentioned are reasons why I love perfume. It's like another dimension, another layer to my day. Immediate impact on my mood too.

cressetmama Sat 28-Nov-15 10:25:29

The crowd here are a bunch of shameless enablers where perfume is concerned, much more likely to cheer you on than remind you that you have mouths to feed!

Itsalldramarama Sat 28-Nov-15 21:09:37

I love my perfume too smile no decent clothes though ;) wearing my scruffiest jeans and t shirt but feeling fabulous wearing musc ravageur and red lippy today!

YouLostMeThere Sat 28-Nov-15 21:26:38

I like it Itsalldramarama. Perfume and some attitude make anything fabulous. Musc ravageur sounds very "fierce"....not that I know what it smells like, just going by the sound of the name!

YouLostMeThere Sat 28-Nov-15 21:27:49

I really really don't need any more enabling.... Have found Fragrantica website. Oh dear.......... So many possibilities.........

cressetmama Sun 29-Nov-15 13:05:18

We need the equivalent of a "you are heading into danger" flag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now