Talk

Advanced search

Style me! I'm about go from being in an office based job to be a SAHM/ WAHM - what should I buy?

(2 Posts)
MummyTheGregor Thu 26-Nov-15 22:29:14

I'm a size 20, aged 33 and large of arse and tit.... leaving an office job (in HR) to be a SAHM / WAHM setting up my own small craft business.... I only have work trousers and dresses (usually paired with knee boots) and then scruffy boyfriend jeans worn with striped tops and the odd hoody at the weekend....

I want to be comfy and practical but not scruffy or dowdy....def not dowdy.... infact a bit 'on trend' might be good!
Will you S&B-ers find me a 'capsule' wardrobe.... budget is low to mid high street
with the odd Boden level item thrown in.....

Thanks smile

Sparebutton Fri 27-Nov-15 00:08:20

First of all, congratulations on setting up your own business. I wish you well in your new venture / lifestyle. How exciting!

I have been self employed for 15 years and learnt early on that when I'm working at home, it's important to make an effort to dress nicely. When I don't bother, I just feel scuzzy.

I have a work 'uniform' of nice, comfortable jeans that I feel good in, and large, warm jumpers in the winter. I wear colorful scarves to keep cosy (cold house and stingy with the heating). Gap is a favorite source, as is M and S (stretch jeggings). I buy new items every so often just to introduce new colors or styles into my wardrobe. I occasionally wear skirts but the jeans and jumper combo is just so practical. In the summer, I switch to jeans and nice tops. I never wear t shirts or jogging bottoms type things as I just don't feel in working mode somehow. I wear make up and a puff of perfume most days.

DH works from home too and he happily stays in PJs all day. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now