Talk

Advanced search

Soooooo what colour shall I dye my hair, I cannot decide!!!

(5 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 25-Nov-15 16:48:43

I do love to colour my hair, I get it done every 4-6 weeks at the hairdressers, and I am generally a bit adventurous.

I had an ombre kind of style in the summer but have gone back to my natural dark brown. I am due to get my hair done on saturday and would like something quite vibrant.

But I cannot decide between these colours or whether to go jet black (I did that last winter and it looked so nice, stuck for aaaaaages though). I am a medium skin tone with naturally dark hair, and my eyes (a bit odd really), they are green with blue outlines and brown and grey flecks (does that make sense?).

Any opinions, also if I went for red/mahogany how quickly does it fade. I did have fire engine red highlights at some point growing up and they looked ace, but I was living overseas at the time and every colour I had faded in the sun/sea/chlorine so I cant really remember how long it lasted.

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 25-Nov-15 19:27:11

Shameless bump..grin

Tate15 Wed 25-Nov-15 19:36:28

I found that with very red dyes I had to be careful of what colour clothes I wore or I looked like a clown!

I'm very old though!

I think a glossy mahogany would be nicer than plum shades.

PartyCityGhoul Wed 25-Nov-15 19:38:12

Red fades quickly - is prety fab though! It would be faded enough to need redoing in 6 weeks definitely, you can't just do the roots.

it's hard to dye over too - if you're in the mood for playing around for a while, I'd start with the blonde, then go red then black over it later!

The purply-red on the left will fade quite purple/pink I'd think, and the middle one I'd think would fade to a more orange-toned pale red.

I'd personally go for the middle one - love a good 'true' red! I think more orangy tones tend to suit everyone better than pinky tones.

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 25-Nov-15 19:45:04

I think providing I can get it to last through Christmas and new year I'm leaning toward the middle one. I just dont have any time to fit in a trip to the salon til 10th Jan....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now