Talk

Advanced search

post breastfeeding bra help!

(16 Posts)
Whoami24601 Wed 25-Nov-15 10:59:50

Where's best to go for a fitting? My breasts have shrunk back to their previous size so what style is the best to give them a boost?

superbfairywren Wed 25-Nov-15 12:19:44

Bravissimo can get it right but have also had a bad experience on a day they were super busy. have found my local John Lewis to be good too actually. Maybe even go to both, or 2 dept stores if you can for second opinion, bras are bloody expensive so you want to be sure you're investing in the right thing.

Would say half cup or balconette might be the shape you're looking for but everyone's different soif you go for a fitting then you can try lots of styles on.
Good luck and happy bra shopping!

Whoami24601 Wed 25-Nov-15 12:37:21

Don't have a john Lewis nearby, but debenhams would do it, right? How are M and S these days? My mum always used to recommend there but not sure what it's like now.

M and s are absolutely dreadful

RockCrushesLizard Wed 25-Nov-15 12:44:27

M&s are notoriously bad - avoid avoid!
Debenhams is a bit hit and miss.

I always prefer using measuring myself -roughly, the number or inches round your ribs is the back size, and you add a cup size for each extra inch round the fullest part. So if you are 32 round the back and 37 round the bust, you'd use a 32DD as a starting point. I then order a range of sizes around that size, try them at home and return most of them.

Whoami24601 Wed 25-Nov-15 17:17:16

Thanks I'll steer clear of marks' then! I'm always wary of doing it myself tbh but I'd much rather if I can!

Check out the fitting guide section on this website

Whoami24601 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:10:36

According to that guide I'm a 30/32 D/DD shock maybe my post feeding boobs are not quite shrunk yet- I used to be a B! Think I'll leave it a little longer then. Don't want to be buying a bra now only for it to be too big in a few weeks!

You might never have been a b - what band size were you wearing?

Whoami24601 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:50:06

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Wed 25-Nov-15 23:34:11

rock That isn't the measuring system I have heard of? I thought it wasn't the number around your underbust is your direct band size, but you had to add on numbers.

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Nov-15 23:43:03

That's the old (m&s) measuring
But elastic was invented, and under bust size = band size

As I suspected. Most people wear too big a band and too small a cup-because of the outdated measuring system used by some shops like m and s. Cup size varies with band size so in terms of breast volume a 34d would have roughly the same capacity as a 30d just in a different shape

Whoami24601 Thu 26-Nov-15 16:55:27

Tried on a 32c I just happened to have, and I think my measurements are probably right! The band feels snug and seems to sit right, but the cups feel a little small. Going to go shopping this weekend and try on some 32d and go from there. Ooh I can't wait to be wearing sexy bras instead of massive feeding ones grin

superbfairywren Fri 27-Nov-15 10:14:08

Good luck with the shopping. Debenhams is a good place to try, they often have brands like Freya and curvy Kate in their sale . And I have found the debenhams own brand bras to be really good and very reasonable. I am going to be braving the post breastfeeding bra shopping in the new year and dread to think the difference in size I will be.

squizita Fri 27-Nov-15 15:24:45

Marking place ... I have a similar dilemma! And Bravissimo let me down before ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now