Talk

Advanced search

Best shape wear for under trousers

(9 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 24-Nov-15 21:55:42

Got an outfit to wear at a do this weekend but on trying it in it seems I've overdone the biscuits since I bought it and the trousers are tighter than I'd like. Any recommendations for comfortable but effective shape wear (style and brand) that will make me look less lumpen? I can get to out high street shops but online probably too risky time wise.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 25-Nov-15 07:56:26

Nobody?

hugoagogo Wed 25-Nov-15 08:13:09

It would depend on where they are tight- is it thighs or tum? And if your trousers are low waisted or not?

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 25-Nov-15 08:57:21

Tum and bum - thighs are ok but don't want that delineating line of bulge right under bum cheeks so thinking longer pants might work better. Trousers aren't especially low cut and the top I'm wearing will cover the join.

WhiteHairReally Wed 25-Nov-15 10:17:04

M and s shape wear. The cycling shorts style. Or Spanx in the same style.

pseudonymity Wed 25-Nov-15 10:25:19

If you don't have a problem with your bum and thighs I really recommend the Primark thong shapewear. It has a large waist hugging bit going up to natural waist.

burnishedsilver Wed 25-Nov-15 10:27:35

Spanx - the ones that look like shorts that come up to your bra strap. Tkmaxx often have them.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 25-Nov-15 13:00:01

Pseudo, do you rate the Primark ones? I wouldn't go for the thong version but Primark is more my budget than Spanx at this time of pre Yule spending - however, false economy if they just don't work or are hellishly uncomfortable to wear.

hugoagogo Wed 25-Nov-15 17:38:54

I have a primark shape wear vest which is pretty good for holding in the tum/ bum...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now