Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! clothes for DH

(8 Posts)
peppansalt Tue 24-Nov-15 15:42:19

Am sick of listening to DH constantly moaning about his lack of clothes.

He hates shopping for himself so invariably I end up buying items I'm not sure he really likes and frankly at the moment he looks a bit scruffy.

He likes a smart, casual look - nothing too trendy. We're on quite a tight budget but would rather get him a couple of good quality items than lots of cheaper things.

Can anyone recommend places to get some decent quality clothes for him that are still good value? He's not keen on Next/M&S

readyforno2 Tue 24-Nov-15 15:51:10

Try mandmdirect ink{http://www.mandmdirect.com\www.mandmdirect.co]]m}
They have a huge men's range at good prices, you might find something there. Only problem is it's all online so not that great for trying on etc.

peppansalt Tue 24-Nov-15 16:01:58

Thanks Ready. Will take a look but think I need to get him in a shop

peppansalt Wed 25-Nov-15 11:05:54

Any more suggestions?

maybemyrtle Wed 25-Nov-15 11:16:23

Buying men's clothes is a nightmare, esp as my DP has an irrational aversion to actually trying things on. My DP has smart/casual dress code at work, so pretty much lives in Gap jeans in diff washes (we found a style he likes so I just repeat buy as they wear out) and plain tshirts (Gap ones are rubbish, the best we've found are Muji, Uniqlo and Sainsburys) with a jumper (TK Maxx are good for the range) or a hoodie (again Gap or Muji). Shirts he must buy himself as new ones occasionally appear in the laundry.

TK Maxx is probably a good starting point if you know roughly what you're looking for, my DP was really happy with the winter coat we found there last year.

BabCNesbitt Wed 25-Nov-15 11:31:53

This sounds like my DH. He definitely inclines towards the scruff if not given the occasional kick up the arse reminder. He's had luck with t-shirts from Gap, tops and shirts from John Lewis' own brand, and Uniqlo for their merino knitwear.

hippospot Wed 25-Nov-15 11:46:15

My DH also hates clothes shopping. He now buys everything from TKMaxx because it's organised by type and size of clothes. So if he needs, say, a tshirt, he just goes to the tshirts and looks through the XLs until he finds ones he likes. He rarely shops anywhere else.

SquadGoals Wed 25-Nov-15 11:49:23

DH is like this.

I've had most luck with creating a uniform for him - smart pair of jeans/chinos/tailored shorts with polo shirts in blue, green or grey, short sleeve smart shirts and V neck jumper.

I mainly pick up things from TK Maxx - they do Ralph Lauren for cheap, ASOS, Burtons, Debenhams and Timberland in the sale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now