Talk

Advanced search

Kimono style layer....(possibly sequinned / sparkly)

(7 Posts)
Jermajesty Tue 24-Nov-15 02:03:07

.....don't know how else to describe what I'm looking for.

I live in black and I have a friend's birthday coming up and will wear black skinnies, black boots and one of my black chiffony type tops. But it'd be nice to lift it with a kimono / light cardy layer, any colour suggestions welcome.

Does anyone have any ideas?

amarmai Tue 24-Nov-15 16:51:24

top sounds too nice to cover up -maybe jewelry?

Jermajesty Tue 24-Nov-15 17:19:18

Amarmai thanks for replying, though I don't think I made myself very clear. I did post quite late last night when I couldn't sleep!

I'm looking for a nice kimono style (or any other suggestions) layer to add a bit of sparkle to my all black outfit! Any suggestions/ideas?

KateSpadeAddict Tue 24-Nov-15 19:23:23

This is still black but it has sparkle smile

www.asos.com/river-island/river-island-glitter-kimono/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5426096&clr=Blacksilversparkle&SearchQuery=kimono&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=245&gridsize=3&gridrow=2&gridcolumn=1

Perhaps, but I’d definitely size down...

www.asos.com/reclaimed-vintage/reclaimed-vintage-long-kimono-in-metallic-brocade/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5727173&clr=Gold&SearchQuery=kimono&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=245&gridsize=3&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=2

Sequins

www.asos.com/glamorous/glamorous-sequin-kimono-with-fringing/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5456475&clr=Nudesequin&SearchQuery=kimono&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=245&gridsize=3&gridrow=21&gridcolumn=1

Floral instead of sparkle but I like it smile

www.asos.com/asos/asos-kimono-in-romantic-floral-print/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4240890&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=kimono&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=245&gridsize=3&gridrow=43&gridcolumn=3

Beaded

www.asos.com/asos/asos-premium-all-over-embellished-kimono/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5234010&clr=Beige&SearchQuery=sequin+kimono&pgesize=35&pge=0&totalstyles=35&gridsize=3&gridrow=9&gridcolumn=2

Jermajesty Tue 24-Nov-15 20:25:52

Hi Kate - thank you (BTW I love Kate Spade!). I like the sparkly black, floral and beaded ones. I've actually ordered these:

m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=21596044#

m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=20605092

m.dorothyperkins.com/h5/product?productId=20083263#

So I'll see how I get on. If they're no good I'll definitely get the others.

KateSpadeAddict Tue 24-Nov-15 20:32:39

I’m a complete handbag addict - Kate Spade is my current favourite grin

I love the middle one, like the last although I think the tassels would annoy me or I’d end up getting attached to a door handle or something. Not keen on the animal print one..which is strange for me as I do love an animal print!

Hope you get something smile

Jermajesty Tue 24-Nov-15 20:58:33

Thanks. I also love an animal print so am hoping that one is ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now