Talk

Advanced search

men's made to measure 3 piece suit

(6 Posts)
Macey78 Mon 23-Nov-15 23:07:21

Hope someone can help me. DH is a really odd shape broad shoulders, short body and when buying a suit off the peg....it's all very tricky and never looks right. So I really want to buy him one made to measure (also my brothers getting married and he'll need one and would love him to look and feel great). Not that he doesn't already!

Unfortunately my budget is quiet right as in up to £350/£400 at a stretch. Do any of you have any recommendations pls. Am based in North London.

Tia

cressetmama Tue 24-Nov-15 08:28:47

Buy one he likes in a size too large and take it to a tailor for precise fitting. If you buy from one of the ranges where you can buy coat and trousers separately (like Top Man and probably others). I can't help with a tailor's name but I am sure that in and around central north and east London you will find someone: ask around, there will be some without going to Savile Row!

Macey78 Tue 24-Nov-15 18:25:36

Thanks for your suggestion. Think I might start asking in the local dry cleaners which seems to have a tailor.

GrinAndTonic Tue 24-Nov-15 18:44:15

DH gets all his suits made to measure from an online place.
Have a look at Studio Suits.
His last purchase was a three piece tweed wool suit with shirt all made to measure for about $150.

purrito Tue 24-Nov-15 19:10:04

I would steer well clear of any of the frankly awful offerings from the usual High Street suspects. Also, most small tailors won't be up to the job.

I think your best bet is probably SuitSupply. Nice temporary cuts, lots of great Italian fabrics, lovely unstructured shoulders. IMO definitely by far the best quality you will get for your budget. If off the peg doesn't fit, you can use their Personal Tailoring service, either Blue Line or SuitUp (probably slightly over budget). They have two stores in central London where your DH can get measured.

You said your DH has very broad shoulders and a short body. Sounds a bit like this guy, maybe have a look at his blog. He wears quite a lot of SuitSupply (mostly gets short sizes off the peg and has them tailored, I think):
thenordicfit.com/search?q=suitsupply

Macey78 Wed 25-Nov-15 15:14:18

Thank you both. Think I'm steering towards suits online. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now