Talk

Advanced search

The diamond store. Online diamond jewellery. Is it safe?

(9 Posts)
Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 23-Nov-15 15:43:01

Hello, I'm looking to buy some diamond earings and a necklace. I'm very lucky to be gifted these by a relative.
I have come across this website and the prices look very good. I am a little sceptical tho buying such a luxury item online. Could this be to good to be true? They have won a few awards and the online chat was very helpful. I'm just a little sceptical? What do you think? Has anyone used them personally? The company is called, the diamond store. Thank you

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Mon 23-Nov-15 16:54:22

I don't doubt for a minute that people have had success buying diamonds online but I personally wouldn't.

A) It's hard to photograph diamonds so what you see isn't necessarily what you get.

B) The lustre and shine of a diamond is completely different in real life so you might end up preferring something that you wouldn't have liked in a photo.

C) It's hard to compare online as although the cut, size, clarity etc might be the same- stones can 'feel' completely different.

I'd stick to irl.

Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 23-Nov-15 17:04:30

This is what I'm fearing. The prices are really very good and very tempting but I just can't shake the to good to be true feeling

CotedePablo Mon 23-Nov-15 17:22:33

I was given a stunning sapphire and diamond ring from there last Christmas. I don't know how much it cost, as it was a gift, but I'm thrilled with it, and have had it admired many times.

Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 23-Nov-15 17:47:45

Oh really! That's interesting. Thankyou.

I've bought diamonds online,not from there but from both BlueNile and PurelyDiamonds. In both cases I went for certified stones so I knew what I was getting.

HarveySpectersBalls Mon 23-Nov-15 19:28:46

DP bought me my engagement ring from Diamonds Factory, it was stunning.
I had to get it resized after having DS, and I just went to their office in Hatton Garden.
It's fine, you get so much value for money, DP paid about a 1/3 rd of the cost (still in the thousands) but i have a gorgeous ring.
Just go for it!

HarveySpectersBalls Mon 23-Nov-15 19:31:06

DP did quite a lot of research (in other jewellry shops) about cut, clarity, colour etc, so he knew what he was ordering

Peppaismyhomegirl Tue 24-Nov-15 07:48:28

They have a good guide to the diamonds online. I've got a few so I have a rough idea, I'm going to choose the one I like and then go to a jeweller to compare and look at the aize Ect before I order. Thankyou all for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now