Talk

Advanced search

Can I box dye over my ombré hair?

(5 Posts)
Onlyonamonday Sun 22-Nov-15 22:23:41

My hair is mid length , I'm a brunette. I've recently had ombré hair done at the salon. I quite liked it at first but now not so keen, I'm wanting a nice multi tonal mid brown back again. It's a bit expensive to go again after having just paid out for ombré (3 weeks ago) would a box dye work. ?

Dowser Sun 22-Nov-15 22:56:43

Had to google ombré hair. Hadn't a clue what it meant.

Why not go back to the salon and have some coloured lights the same as the bottom of your hair threaded through the top.

I think that would look fantastic.

A few streaks shouldn't be too expensive should they. Seems a shame to lose all that work and a few streaks chopping into the top might just turn what you feel is maybe a bit bland / ordinary into eye catching.

Sloachie Sun 22-Nov-15 23:00:26

I coloured over my ombré and it worked fine. I'd pick a brown with no red in it - I think Nice and Easy do a cool brown.

I used a semi permanent- it didn't last for long but I wash my hair everyday. It just tided me over until I could get some of the ombré cut out.

Beachlovingirl Sun 22-Nov-15 23:25:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Onlyonamonday Mon 23-Nov-15 18:31:26

Thanks for your replies .. I may try a nice and easy brown just for now, then Have a few low lights for Christmas. Won't pick one with red tones in though .. Thanks for the hints

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now