Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about epilators!

(6 Posts)
Cerseirys Sun 22-Nov-15 07:27:27

The Braun Silk Epil is on an Amazon Daily Deal today. Anyone ever used one? Is it painful? Or no worse than waxing?

Greengagesandham Sun 22-Nov-15 09:59:50

No worse pain than waxing IMO and wet and dry is less painful. I bought a Phillips because it was on such a good offer, I had been planning to buy a Braun as I had read good reviews.

EdYouKateShaun Sun 22-Nov-15 10:04:30

I have just bought and started using an epilator. I LOVE it for under my arms. It is nippy but you very soon get used to it. It leave then lovely and smooth with no ingrown hairs (which I got a lot of when shaving). It's really cathartic seeing the wee buggers ripped out by the root!

I've also been using it on my legs. This is much sorer so I've tended to just do half a half leg at a time. Given the time of year this is fine as my legs are not on show. I'm hoping that come spring they'll be lovely.

There is nothing on this earth that would induce me to epilate my own bikini line so I still get that waxed. grin

villainousbroodmare Sun 22-Nov-15 10:08:09

It's great.
Frightening at first but great once you get used to it. Unlike a wax strip, you can timidly advance as much as you can bear. Nippy is a good description.
The bikini line is not as sore as the legs, I find.

QforCucumber Sun 22-Nov-15 10:33:11

I've been epilating for about 9 years - only do it every 6-8 weeks or so now and that's under arms too.
I can do bikini line edges but no further haha.
I hAve found that if you feel lazy, shaving is not the answer as you have to start all over and it hurts again.
I have a remington which I got half price in boots, much better than my old Phillips. Never tried the braun.

JimineyJelickers Sun 22-Nov-15 11:09:06

You get used to the pain quite quickly. I find the legs almost painless now, but when I tried the underarms I could hardly do any and it hurt for two days (!!) Maybe I need to just suck it up and get through the pain though.

It's also brilliant for plucking your 'tasche...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now