Talk

Advanced search

Denby - linen, praline or something else?

(13 Posts)
ShyGirlie Sat 21-Nov-15 10:24:45

More homestyle rather than fashion, but didn't know where to post!

Looking to start a dinner collection, everyone i know has denby so i've been browsing their sets.

Do you prefer the linen or the praline? Or could you mix and match pieces of each?

Or is there another totally different range you'd recommend.

My kitchen is a rustic, country feel. Chunky wooden table, painted grey and cream cupboars.

EverybodyHatesATourist Sat 21-Nov-15 12:37:08

We were told at Denby that linen is the standard colour. If you go to the Denby visitor's centre they have it in their cafe, and it's meant to be able to mix-and-match with their other colours. Personally I don't think it would go with all the others because some seem brighter whites on the inner bit.

It's very hard-wearing but I do find it heavy compared to other ranges. It sounds like it would go with your kitchen and the good thing is that the classic Denby is available in so many places and doesn't ever seem in danger of being discontinued.

If you can get to the Denby visitor's centre they usually have good offers on in their shop plus there is a large outlet where they sell the seconds. I was in the other day and bought a platter (RRP £48) for £5.

clippityclop Sat 21-Nov-15 14:20:46

We have Linen, love it. Look out for half price sets on the website/John Lewis.

Higge Sat 21-Nov-15 17:31:58

Everyone I know has Ikea blush

Doobigetta Sat 21-Nov-15 18:51:35

Ooh, I love the praline. I kind of wish I hadn't seen it.

burnishedsilver Sat 21-Nov-15 19:39:52

I vote for linen. You'll tire of praline.

nannyj Sat 21-Nov-15 19:43:53

I have Sophie conran and really like it.

orlakielyimnot Sat 21-Nov-15 20:06:14

All I can say is choose carefully. I have not brokrn one single piece in nearly 20 years!

Alonglongway Sat 21-Nov-15 20:15:00

I've got blue linen and love it

ReedBunting Sat 21-Nov-15 20:19:52

Blue linen here too - I do like it and it's virtually bomb proof (unless you drop it on concrete). But it's been discontinued me and I can't find a replacement cereal bowl sad

ShyGirlie Sat 21-Nov-15 21:19:31

Thanks so much everyone, the shop i went to today actually didnt have any praline, so i took a few linen pieces to see what they'd be like at home. Really loving how simple it is, and it mixes in well with the pieces of emma bridgewater i have.

ShyGirlie Sat 21-Nov-15 21:30:53

Ps. Unfortunately i don't live anywhere near the visitor centre, what an amazing bargain! However, there was 40% off the linen range in the shop i was in smile

Ninacarter77 Sun 22-Nov-15 09:01:48

I have a beige/creamy possibly linen set which I supplement with other colours from different range over the years- I like a mix/match look and I live near an outlet.

Plus I often like a new range but couldn't afford to start collecting the whole thing.

Good quality haven't broken any in 15 years and I have the every day stuff too ..it is dishwashed and treated carelessly ..mum was feeding the cat from a Denby side plate the other day! And I found a mug on the patio that must have been out in the wind and rain for weeks having been left over from a summer cuppa al fresco- not a chip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now