Talk

Advanced search

Allergic reaction on face

(9 Posts)
DidgeDoolittle Sat 21-Nov-15 10:05:12

I seem to have used something that my face doesn't like. I haven't used anything new, so I don't know what it is.
My face is very red, covered in little lumpy spots and slightly swollen. I look adorable.
What is the best way to get it to go away as fast as possible? Any creams to use or avoid?
Should I wear make up or go out without (shudders)?
All advice gratefully received as I really don't want to go to work looking like this on Monday.

ijustwannadance Sat 21-Nov-15 10:09:22

Go to gp? Take an antihistamine. If not going out until monday I wouldn't put anything on your face. Wash with water only. Leave skin to breathe. Could it be something you ate?

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 21-Nov-15 10:14:58

Where are the spots? If they're around the nose/mouth it could be seborrhaic dermatitis. Moogoo sclap cream is great for that, is now available on prescription. Or the raw honey and coconut oil protocol.
You can become allergic to something you've been using for years; doesn't have to be something mew.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 21-Nov-15 10:15:08

New

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 21-Nov-15 10:16:45

Although if it's raised lumpy weals it could be urticaria (hives), in which case anti-histamines are probably the way to go. Should prob see your gp.

Allgunsblazing Sat 21-Nov-15 10:18:35

Take some antihistamines. Any of your products Clarins? Do any contain METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE (MI)?

DidgeDoolittle Sat 21-Nov-15 10:28:01

I use a clarins gel face wash in the morning. I don't know if it contains that ingredient. Is that ingredient bad?
I used a foundation on Thursday for the first time in several months. It flared up after that. Could I have developed an allergy to that?

Floisme Sat 21-Nov-15 10:34:50

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I've no idea what caused it.
I found the only products my skin could tolerate were almond or olive oil so I used them and nothing else until it cleared up.

onedogatoddlerandababy Sat 21-Nov-15 14:08:06

Piriton if you have any. Brilliant at bringing down a skin reaction. Just watch out in case it makes you drowsy (doesn't for me but some people are affected by it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now