Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good Tip I Learned Regarding Eyelashes

(9 Posts)
Leigh1980 Sat 21-Nov-15 10:04:10

Hi everyone

I learned a really good tip. Excuse me if everyone knows this already but I honestly didn't. I learned that putting talcum powder under your eyelashes makes them fuller and longer. Mine are dark but not full nor that long. I tried doing this and it's made such a difference they look like I have extensions!! This is just normal mascara so not bulky mascara or anything fancy. Thought I'd share if you wanted your eyelashes more prominent without the expense of eyelash extensions. See pic (excuse dodgy selfie of eye!) grin

MuchasSmoochas Sat 21-Nov-15 13:00:13

Ooh interesting. So how do you apply the talc? Haven't bought talc since 1982, presumably one box of it would do me for the rest of my life.

herecomesthsun Sat 21-Nov-15 13:10:22

Do you think this is a tip contact lens users should avoid?

Knackeredknitter67 Sat 21-Nov-15 13:12:40

I have sensitive eyes so would be worried about it flaking off into my eyes

SoupDragon Sat 21-Nov-15 13:14:33

I wouldn't want to be putting talc anywhere near my eyes.

Leigh1980 Sat 21-Nov-15 15:09:07

You only put a tiny amount under the top eyelashes then put mascara on. So it doesn't touch your eye at all. It's only a very tiny amount.

Leigh1980 Sat 21-Nov-15 15:10:11

It can't flake off as it's so minimal and the mascara covers it.

eleven59 Sat 21-Nov-15 15:23:08

Could you also use a bit of eyeshadow? Might be better than talcnear the eye.

Carpaccio Sat 21-Nov-15 15:30:23

Talc has been connected to cancer, so I wouldn't want to put that near my eyes (or anywhere on my body), and baby powders with cornstarch and talc apparently can cause lung damage if inhaled.
Even if it doesn't go on the skin, it gets mixed with the mascara - and surely I am not the only one who prods myself in the eye with the mascara wand sometimes.

I would rather get a better mascara or use a different product. I recommend tightlining as well. Tinting your lashes also make them look longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now