Talk

Advanced search

help! dinner out tonight and nothing to wear

(3 Posts)
KillashandraRee Sat 21-Nov-15 07:23:53

In my wardrobe I have 1 x skinny jeans blue, 1 x black trousers ankle length 1 x wide leg cropped jeans (3/4 length)
I have black open toe stilettos, navy closed toe heeled wedges (posh not summery) or a brown leather pair of knee high boots (bit cowboy like).
I am so out of date and have dinner out tonight. I can buy a top or dress today but can't afford new shoes as well. I live in darkest depths of Devon so limited to local shops (including crew/ joules/ fat face/ white stuff and odd boutique). What can I add to any of these for dinner out with friends to look smart / casual and not too grumpy. 39th birthday so please be gentle! smile

CwtchMeQuick Sat 21-Nov-15 07:40:44

How about something like this
www.fatface.com/camis/ellie-lace-button-back-cami/invt/907169#ff_colour=Navy
With skinny jeans and navy wedges?

yakari Sat 21-Nov-15 07:48:51

Silk blouse or glittery top (if that's your thing). Either black shoes and 3/4 trousers - bit posher maybe, or skinny jeans and wedges.

A white or cream would work with either or go for a bright colour eg red/orange/teal

To be honest if head for the boutiques the shops you mentioned are a bit more casual - I'd expect jersey or cotton and I reckon you need a more luxurious cloth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now