Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have to wear an ID badge on a lanyard

(50 Posts)
Pippidoeswhatshewants Fri 20-Nov-15 22:20:01

... and the lanyard aggravated your eczema around your neck, what do you do?
I found that clip-on ID badges pull little holes into blouses and jackets. Any alternatives?

Boleh Fri 20-Nov-15 22:22:17

I have one on a retractable lanyard that I clip on my belt, belt loop, pocket or similar depending on what I am wearing. Only resort to the standard lanyard when I'm wearing a shift dress with no belt!

defineme Fri 20-Nov-15 22:22:32

Clip it on belt/belt loop?

Bunbaker Fri 20-Nov-15 22:23:33

Can you wrap something round the lanyard that won't aggravate your eczema?

We have to have our badges on show at work, and because of the clothes I wear a lanyard is the most practical solution.

ChippyMinton Fri 20-Nov-15 22:25:06

Someone in my office manages to wear her lanyard round her waist she's pretty slim.
Does it irritate even if you wear it outside your collar?

IWannaHoldYourHand Fri 20-Nov-15 22:25:48

I take mine off, and then get winged at.

Wearing a scarf helps mine.

Passmethecrisps Fri 20-Nov-15 22:27:42

I wear a scarf most days or wear mine outside collars. Otherwise I light pin it to my clothes with a brooch on the lanyard if that makes sense. I don't like the clip ones but a safety pin might work better.

I either tie the lanyard through the button hole of my jacket, or even around a belt loop, or carry it around. Cath Kidston do lovely soft ribbon lanyards though, which might be worth a shot?

Pippidoeswhatshewants Fri 20-Nov-15 22:29:23

Lots of lanyard wearers! grin
I have to wear it all the time and my trousers don't have belt loops.
And, woe is me, it will never fit around my waist.

Passmethecrisps Fri 20-Nov-15 22:31:27

Maybe investing in a decent material would help?

I have a silk eye mask for eczema on my eyelids. I wonder if you can get silk lanyards (possibly a stretch)

ChippyMinton Fri 20-Nov-15 22:31:54

Nor mine!
Could you change to lanyard itself?

chipsandpeas Fri 20-Nov-15 22:31:40

i keep mine in my pocket when not round my neck

some people have just their card pass in there wallet or purse

Pippidoeswhatshewants Fri 20-Nov-15 22:31:51

I might try your through the button hole method, Remus!

Bunbaker Fri 20-Nov-15 22:35:05

Our lanyards have the company name printed on them so wearing another one isn't an option.

Pippidoeswhatshewants Fri 20-Nov-15 22:37:45

I think I have a thin silk scarf, maybe that will work. Although I have never seen anybody wear anything other than the branded lanyard. Also, the lanyard has a quick release thingy on it, so that you can't strangle yourself!

Passmethecrisps Fri 20-Nov-15 22:38:14

I had to flipping beg a branded one for my work. The ones we get as standard are rubbish.

I do have mine round my neck but I also carry my keys in it as well so it also functions as a key ring. If I was terribly irritated by it I would probably carry it like that all the time. As long as ours are available on request it is generally ok.

Pooka Fri 20-Nov-15 22:39:09

Mine is on one of these (had option of standard lanyard or this). I clip it into my waistband or the outside of a pocket. Or the edge of cardigan etc. It's good because the actual pass can be pulled towards the door lock and then whizzes back, and means I don't have the pass flapping around.

www.ckb.uk.com/retractable-id-badge-reels-with-belt-clip---black-4891-p.asp?gclid=CLOC1amIoMkCFaYSwwod8B8P2w

Not silk but they really are v lovely and soft

justgoandgetalife Fri 20-Nov-15 22:44:38

I sometimes use a sports shoelace.

FellOffMyUnicorn Fri 20-Nov-15 22:44:43

Cath Kids on one's don't have the safety release clip though, and are just a single piece of ribbon and won't release of it gets caught

I'm pretty sure they do. Look at the close up - it's deffo got plastic on it.

JaceLancs Sat 21-Nov-15 00:34:56

I have my work ID on a pinch beck Victorian muff chain, although I wear it round my neck it's longer than most lanyards so would fit up to at least a size 18 waist

Fumnudge Sat 21-Nov-15 01:09:02

www.identibadge.com/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_info&Itemid=&catID=22_25&products_id=86

Any use? It's what I use at work. Think its meant to snap under stress for H & S

nothingwittyhere Sat 21-Nov-15 08:43:14

Shouldn't it be your employer's responsibility to get you a lanyard that doesn't give you eczema?

Reiltin Sat 21-Nov-15 08:45:48

I know that, instead of safety pins, you can get magnetic ones. Would that work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now