Advanced search

what about these?

(48 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 14:53:02

For a mid thirties woman?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarks-Chorus-Spirit-Womens-Court/dp/B00J0WTJK6
For Christmas dos etc.

FauxFox Fri 20-Nov-15 14:59:08

Everything from Clarks makes me feel sad...there are so many beautiful shoes in the world for parties, Clarks is for comfortable on-your-feet-all-day wear surely?

If you like them buy them, there is nothing age-inappropriate about them.

Lucymatilde Fri 20-Nov-15 15:00:27

30 something is nothing. If you like them then have them. But I'd like something a little higher. blush

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 15:05:18

grin I go to clarks cos I'm soft and like comfy shoes for dancing and tottering about town! Can you recommend anything a bit more interesting? A quite covered shoe would be good so I can keep cosy

I like Clarks at times, but I don't like those much.

Prefer these

Love this

And these

Or even these

YourBubzYourRulzHun Fri 20-Nov-15 17:53:12

I'm mid thirties and I think they are frumpy. Look in New Look, they have some similar styles but much nicer and much cheaper.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 18:24:14

Thanks Remus! You always cone along with some good suggestions! I am always wary of a stiletto with drink involved, my ankles can get a little, err, wobbly. I often go for a chunkier heel. Maybe that makes them frumpy for a night out?

Bubz I'll have a look on new look website later on. There one about ten miles away with a really big shoe section. I don't really want to spend all that much either so this will be better for the budget!

I hate high heels that make your feet slide to the front and pinch your toes whilst simultaneously feeling like ypu are walking on burning hot stones. Yep. That's what I'm trying to avoid!

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 18:28:39

I like the third ones remus but I don't know about £70 for party shoes, I shouldn't be spending it, well not unless they are perfect! I guess I'm looking for clarks comfort with a new look price tag!

MelanieCheeks Fri 20-Nov-15 18:33:53

I like the ones the OP linked to! But it does depend on the rest of the outfit and occasion.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 18:46:01

global.rakuten.com/en/store/sworld/item/26-clarks-500f/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_enm
Am I a shoe frump for my age?! Seriously? Tell me!

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 18:51:56

They won't go with black tights, theres something about black suede and opaques I don't like. Too samey texture I think. And I like my opaques. If I want the possibility of putting with opaques as well as trousers then I probably need a different texture maybe patent or sparkle.

Toffeelatteplease Fri 20-Nov-15 18:56:45

I love the ones in the OP!!!

louloubelle2 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:07:08

You can do better than those, they have a whiff of pantomime dame about them - the toe maybe?

M&S do comfy and dressy quite well, there's 20% off at the moment if you have a sparks card (easy to get):

www.marksandspencer.com/stain-away-suede-elastic-shoe-boots-with-insolia/p/p22401475

www.marksandspencer.com/stiletto-high-heel-pleated-platform-shoe-boots-with-insolia/p/p22401731

Sequins AND an orthopaedic footbed!
www.marksandspencer.com/sequin-embellished-platform-court-shoes-with-insolia/p/p22417401

Agree that £70 is too much but they often do 20% off before Christmas iirc.

I like the sequin M&S ones - think I've linked to them before - but not the other two.

Hate your second link, sorry, Keepon. Deffo panto.

I like these boots (rather Whistles-esque) and they have a chunkier heel.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 19:21:11

Loulou I really likw those sequin ones I might go to a store to try. Great party shoes but wondering about somethong a bit more closed. don't really do very pointed toes and very thin heels, I just never have and so somehow don't feel right in them.
And I know what you mean about thetoe, its kind of a tiny tiny bit upturned and pointed in one spot. But not as exaggerated as the photo would say.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 19:33:05

Different pic of same shoe remus, sometimes they can look so different in different pics. But maybe mumsnet is right, I can do better. I didn't get a link with the boots you mentioned - v interested to see please!

Sorry!

Twinklestein Fri 20-Nov-15 20:08:18

Everything from Clarks makes me feel sad...there are so many beautiful shoes in the world for parties

This. Absolutely this.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 20:08:48

I really like those remus. You linked to them before I think. Do you reckon they are just for trousers or low enough around the ankle to be worn as a shoe with dresses? Very chic.

Twinklestein Fri 20-Nov-15 20:14:34

Step away from the sequin ones.

If you insist on M&S I think these are by far the best.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 20:34:35

Too pointy for me twinkle! I don't think I am grown up enough for proper pointy shoes - its just not me. I am and always have been a round or almond toe girl, closer to the natural shape. And would unlikely go for a full stiletto, I would prob snap an ankle on a night out. Always had dodgy ankles.
I am looking on all my usual sites but just cannot find anything I really love. Whats going on? Been on office, schuh, clarks, m&s and about to try new look and dotty ps.

I'd wear those boots with opaques and either a short tube skirt or a full midi skirt.

Nettletheelf Fri 20-Nov-15 21:04:01

Don't do it, OP. They are heinous. Fauxfox has it, I think. They make me feel sad too.

keeponkeepinon Fri 20-Nov-15 21:09:26

www.clothingattesco.com/womens-shoes+boots/f+f-sensitive-sole-shoeboots/invt/bk522422

Any better?

flowers for everyone - I love bouncing shoe ideas on here.

SugarDiabetes Fri 20-Nov-15 21:15:54

Just bought these beauties!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now