Talk

Advanced search

Heat protection sprays that sizzle

(6 Posts)
Marmaladybird Fri 20-Nov-15 10:37:07

I'm trying to treat my hair better so I've been using the Mark Hill one. I hate the sizzling noise and I feel like I'm doing more harm than good.

Do these really make a difference? I hate the way they make my hair feel but I'm scared on the ends all thinning again.

If I had nicer hair, I'd let it dry naturally but it's really not a pretty sight.

Can anyone confirm that the sizzle isn't actually hurting my hair or recommend a good product. I'd pay up to £30-ish but obviously I'd rather pay much less.

Marmaladybird Fri 20-Nov-15 10:38:58

Sorry, should have said, my hair is fine and processed - so oily roots but dry ends. has a natural ratty and fluffy curl that isn't uniform, so I have some bits straighter than others.

GoneAndDone Fri 20-Nov-15 12:31:12

Thr sizzle is because your hair is still wet from the product. A bit like putting something into a hot frying pan.

I usually spritz a heat protection spray before getting dressed and it dries by the time I straighten my hair.

Marmaladybird Fri 20-Nov-15 12:32:31

It says on the bottle to spray and straighten immediately but I don't trust it. It doesn't seem right.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 20-Nov-15 12:40:59

Don't worry, it's totally fine, it's just because they are ridiculously hot. It's the same as running water into a hot frying pan. It sounds bad but it's really not.

I've noticed my hair is in much better condition since using one smile

LocalEditorEssex Fri 20-Nov-15 12:45:27

I use l'oreal extraordinary oil for coloured hair....it is amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now