What should I do with my eyebrows (photo)

(21 Posts)
Bigangryeyebrows Fri 20-Nov-15 00:57:49

Always had bushy eyebrows in the main but sparse growth at the start of them and under the arches due to overplucking when I was younger. I've had them waxed a few times but never get a better result than what they're like now. How do I improve their shape?! They're wonky and don't match and sooo bushy sad
Am I meant to ask for something specifically? I usually just ask them to make them look good!

BumbleNova Fri 20-Nov-15 09:16:13

firstly - eyebrows are sisters not twins - they do not need to be perfectly identical, frankly it would look weird.

i actually think they look pretty good? i am a big fan of threading, really good for shaping. give it a go? I just ask for a tidy up when I go. I like bushy I think it give your face a really good frame.

if you want them to look more groomed, try an eye brow mascara? I have a clear one which just holds them in place. get a cheap one from rimmel.

friedafilmer Fri 20-Nov-15 09:19:30

I won't change a thing about it.

Bigangryeyebrows Fri 20-Nov-15 13:33:36

Ah thanks. They look so strange on photos confused when I was younger I hated my bushy eyebrows so should be pleased that strong brows are popular now but I'm not. I still want someone else's grin

Cerseirys Fri 20-Nov-15 13:39:16

You have well-defined eyebrows with a good natural shape and arch. I'd recommend finding a good threader who can tidy them up a bit and enhance their shape rather than change it, and then use a brow gel to keep them groomed. You are lucky to not need brow pencil!

allwineismine Fri 20-Nov-15 13:39:59

I second threading - I find that they follow your natural shape much better than with any other method.
I actually really like your eyebrows - I would love mine to be like that.

Truckingalong Fri 20-Nov-15 13:42:24

Whatever you do, don't make them arched - it's a very dated look.

burnishedsilver Fri 20-Nov-15 14:25:30

Get them threaded. Ask them to even the up a bit. They dont need much work, just a bit of a tidy.

Wagglebees Fri 20-Nov-15 15:05:17

Nothing! They're really good eyebrows. Honestly. Good shape, nice arch, perfect length.

You're looking at them individually and probably very close up. To everyone else they look like matching, full, enviable brows.

Eyebrows frame your face which is why fuller brows are now the most fashionable. Women have realised they look better that way.

Chocolou Fri 20-Nov-15 19:30:51

Nice ebs but where the chunky bit is needs thinning out not into an arch. It literally needs a line of hairs removed the whole length on the underneath to make them flow better as the chunky bit is making them look shorter in length than they are.

I do ebs so know what I'm talking about even though this post makes no sense. I'll try and draw you a picture later of what I mean!

CainInThePunting Fri 20-Nov-15 19:45:44

I like them. I wouldn't do anything to them.

They look good just as they are.

itsbetterthanabox Fri 20-Nov-15 19:52:15

They could have a sharper look. A good waxer can do that. Ask them to shape the top too as some therapists don't do that. Ask them to keep them full and natural but wax in straight lines to create angles. Ask them to trim them too.
See if the you can see the salons work before going there.
A brow powder used lightly would even colour. Use a little less around inner edges. Then brush the brows through with a brow brush.

Twinklestein Fri 20-Nov-15 20:00:02

They're fine OP, I think you've just got a thing about them.

I would neaten them with a bit of threading, but that's all.

<--- Checkout Rachel Weisz's eyebrows, they're kinda similar.

Fairylea Fri 20-Nov-15 20:02:04

I think you have great brows smile I am jealous! Mine are very thin from when I over plucked them as a teen... I'd love brows like yours.

Dullfromdullsville Fri 20-Nov-15 20:14:16

Me too Fairylea, mine will never look like this! God damn the nineties, many a brow ruined. [Grin]

friedafilmer Fri 20-Nov-15 22:11:45

Women draw their eyebrows to look like yours, OP. smile I have busy, thick eyebrows and even I am jealous of yours! Because mine needs maintenance.

If you want, maybe you could fill in the colour to even it out a bit. But there's really no need to.

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 20-Nov-15 23:09:00

I have brow envy!!!

Bigangryeyebrows Fri 20-Nov-15 23:56:26

Gee thanks everyone I feel much better now, this was not me just seeking reassurance, I find them so odd looking on photos and never see much of an improvement after getting them waxed. I know a bit more what to ask for now but if you could draw me a picture chocolou I would be ever do grateful grin

itsbetterthanabox Sat 21-Nov-15 01:02:51

They shouldn't look drastically different after shaping because it should follow your natural shape which will best suit you. Just tidier and sharper.
A good waxer will do what works for your face. You asking for things shouldn't be necessary but as you've had problems before maybe try telling them.
Jennifer Connelly has fab brows and similar in natural shape to yours just sharper.

IsaBisaBuildsaBoat Sat 21-Nov-15 07:27:55

I like your eyebrows.

I wonder if you wear glasses? Odd question but it can make the eyebrow thing a bit tricky.

Also, it might help to think of them as an accessory. I have to wear specs so I go for bold, quirky, dramatic frames and they suit me, but I have to make sure my lips match up otherwise I look a little unbalanced. If you get the lips right, your eyebrows will come into their own, so to speak.

Hark at me, I might be talking out me arse!

VulcanWoman Sat 21-Nov-15 07:51:54

Nothing, they're just fine. The cartoon look is not the way to go. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now