Talk

Advanced search

What tights to wear?

(10 Posts)
BennyPoo Thu 19-Nov-15 22:46:35

I never know the rules for this... I am going to the races tomorrow and am wearing a lovely teal blue a-line dress that finishes on the knee, and high black suede shoe boots with an open toe. What tights would you wear?

I have lots, from nude to sheer black to 60 denier, but I always struggle to know what's best with a particular outfit. Obv. As its tomorrow I have left it somewhat late to ask this question, but any advice appreciated!

burnishedsilver Thu 19-Nov-15 22:55:40

That's a hard one. With your outfit I'd say black opaque but with open toe I wouldn't wear any tights.

BennyPoo Thu 19-Nov-15 23:19:11

Hmm. I did wonder but they are the only comfy footwear I can bear at the moment, there is no way I could not wear tights! Disaster!

Nettletheelf Fri 20-Nov-15 00:19:40

Tights look terrible with open toed shoes. Could you wear black leggings to your ankle, under your dress?

amarmai Fri 20-Nov-15 15:56:41

there are tights made with open toes- not sure how the work- oh maybe have a big toe thong?

mewkins Fri 20-Nov-15 16:19:48

Inwould go for black opaques and style it out.

Floisme Fri 20-Nov-15 16:20:19

I would wear my thickest tights and fuckit. It's going to be 3 degrees out there tomorrow, people. No way would I be going bare legged or even bare toed. grin

itsmeohlord Fri 20-Nov-15 16:22:07

What is the point of boots with an open toe. Open toes are for summer. Boots are for winter. Never the twain shall meet IMHO. Opaque tights and closed toe boots.

Nabootique Fri 20-Nov-15 16:22:35

M&S have some open toe ones, but not that opaque. They have a sheerish black.

BennyPoo Sat 21-Nov-15 20:51:02

I remember when I bought the boots I asked the question. Boots? no toes? But they are so comfy and honestly they are stylish, and I feel good in them.

So, I ended up wearing them with quite sheer barely black tights. The toes part was quite thin, you couldn't see the seam, so they didn't look too bad ( I took a spare pair as I had visions of the toe laddering as it was so delicate!) so hopefully I 'styled it out' !
Thanks for everyone's input...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now